“Amazing”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stummbled upon this restaurant by accident but were amazed with the food and service , we could not of asked for any better.

There are newer reviews for Rose and Crown

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went to dinner with family and small child. Very welcoming and friendly service and good choice of menu, good for vegetarians as well. We were near the bar and was getting a bit noisy but the waitress sorted them out quickly.

Food was very good and on hot plates which you dont always get and no complaints whatsoever with the quality or size of the meals. Only niggles are that I like my veg served separately not put on the plate, and sauces were the ones in packets which are tasteless, otherwise excellent and we will be returning very soon.

1  Thank Banny3fish
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to the Rose & Crown yesterday having had a very bad (though mercifully short) experience at the nearby The Engine.
The landlady and her staff were very friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived and we immediately felt at home. The menu stated that various dietary needs were catered for and we had a chance to test this out as I'm coeliac (gluten free). One of the specials was salmon and, when the chef as asked about the accompanying sauce, he said that he'd make me a special gluten free version as he couldn't be sure that the stated one would be suitable - it was delicious. There was also both a hot and a cold choice of gluten free desserts, which is sadly all too rare in many places - also delicious!
My husband had the steak and ale 'pie of the day' which had the flakiest pastry I'd seen in a long time with lots of big chunks of tender meat plus lovely gravy.
A small misunderstanding with the bill (we'd already paid for our first round of drinks before opening a tab) was dealt with immediately without quibbling and in a very polite way.
Altogether a very pleasant couple of hours whilst it rained a lot outside - we'd definitely recommend this pub to anyone!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice atmosphere, very welcoming staff and reasonably priced food. My partners food of whitebait and Cumberland sausage was excellent as was my starter of tomato and basil soup, very flavorsome. Alas my lasagne was not as I had expected, very cheesy and lacking in tomato taste although the accompanying salad was very good as was the garlic bread. The staff were friendly and helpful and i would return if we were in the area.

1  Thank SHEEPY2012
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great menu, I loved the fish and the environment was a bit special. Real English food, with a traditional landlord with great manners and a superb team ...well done ill be back

2  Thank CharlesZinho