Booked a night away, A major plus is this hotel is dog friendly and there are plenty of grounds to stretch their legs after a drive ! All dealings with the staff at the hotel were good. We were served by a particularly nice young lady on the Saturday evening in the bar - friendly and attentive service. Reception staff were also good.
The room was on the ground floor as I had requested and we had a view of the bay. The bonus was the spectacle of the peacock below the window:) I was a trifle worried that he might call and wake us in the morning but that didn't happen. He liked my crusts of bread and rewarded me with a wonderful tail feather show! The room was comfortable and had plenty of space. The bathroom was sparkling white and the shower worked well.
Yes the corridors are a little tired and the vending machine close to reception was noisy as you walked past. The lounge bar was spacious and comfortable The nice aspect to Saturday was there was a DJ who played music to request and we had a very nice evening of Genesis, R.E.M and other music of those genres.
Breakfast is served in a dining room again of good proportions and lovely feature windows overlooking the gardens and Morecambe Bay. Breakfast choice was comprehensive with fresh mushrooms (not tinned hoorah!) It was efficiently served and was all anyone could want.
All in all a very pleasant short stay and I would have no hesitation in booking a return stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 20 acres of private gardens, overlooking Morecambe Bay, the Cumbria Grand hotel boasts 124 en-suite rooms, a restaurant and bar/lounge. There are various sporting and leisure facilities including a tennis court and putting green. Free parking is also available as well as Free WiFi in public areas, in Superior Rooms, or in all rooms if you book direct with the hotel. The rooms feature TV’s, tea and coffee making facilities, trouser presses and hairdryers. Guests at the Cumbria Grand can enjoy a game of snooker in the games room and for those who prefer to be outdoors, a leisurely stroll across the private gardens could be the perfect way to unwind. The hotel’s restaurant offers a wide variety of fresh seasonal dishes made using local produce, such as freshly caught shrimps and an extensive list of fine wines and other beverages. The hotel is a short walk away from the beach and the town centre of Grange-over-Sands with its quaint shops and cafes. Lake Windermere is six miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cumbria Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands
- Cumbria Grand Grange Over Sands
- Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands