In its early days this hotel may well have been "Grand" but in the 21st century it certainly isn't. . Arriving,one is met by a driveway full of potholes, parking can be a problem if the hotel is full and if the weather is bad and one has to walk a long distance from where a car is parked. Bedrooms, at least the one we were allocated, are "tired", carpets need a good clean, paintwork is in need of a strip down and not simply another coat of paint on top of what is already there. Dirt around taps was clearly evident and the basin of the washbasin in the bathroom did not sit correctly on the pedestal (one could only assume that either the pedestal or the basin had been replaced with a new one which wasn't the correct fit)
The Carvery dinner produced the usual carvery problems, food not hot, had been out on display for some time, vegetables overcooked. Similarly, at breakfast the only way to ensure hot food was to order poached or boiled eggs but whilst the eggs were hot, the accompanying toast wasn't !
Cannot believe that this hotel is graded the same, 3 AA stars, as the nearby Netherwood Hotel, there is simply no comparison. Would never return to this hotel until new management have given the place a drastic overhaul
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 20 acres of private gardens, overlooking Morecambe Bay, the Cumbria Grand hotel boasts 124 en-suite rooms, a restaurant and bar/lounge. There are various sporting and leisure facilities including a tennis court and putting green. Free parking is also available as well as Free WiFi in public areas, in Superior Rooms, or in all rooms if you book direct with the hotel. The rooms feature TV’s, tea and coffee making facilities, trouser presses and hairdryers. Guests at the Cumbria Grand can enjoy a game of snooker in the games room and for those who prefer to be outdoors, a leisurely stroll across the private gardens could be the perfect way to unwind. The hotel’s restaurant offers a wide variety of fresh seasonal dishes made using local produce, such as freshly caught shrimps and an extensive list of fine wines and other beverages. The hotel is a short walk away from the beach and the town centre of Grange-over-Sands with its quaint shops and cafes. Lake Windermere is six miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cumbria Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands
- Cumbria Grand Grange Over Sands
- Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands