My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend break on 25th . 26th January 2013 We were pleasantly surprised overall except in places the decoration could be improved.
The prices are very reasonable indeed and the staff are lovely.
Our double room was spacious with all the necessary facilities. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was warm.
The food was always fresh, no tinned or frozen rubbish.There was a choice of Turkey, Pork or Salmon,also vegetarian for dinner which was very nice but there could have been more green vegetables. The breakfast was also very good with a wide selection.
Best of all were the evenings, the drinks were reasonable but the entertainment was outstanding. On the Friday evening there was a 7 piece Jazz Band who were fantastic. The Saturday night was even better, a full orchestra who played a variety of swing music dance and pops, all brilliant musicians and I must say a breath of fresh air unlike the usual rubbish at a lot of hotels, eg; Bingo, Karaoke and one man bands. We will certainly book again in future to be entertained for a change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 20 acres of private gardens, overlooking Morecambe Bay, the Cumbria Grand hotel boasts 124 en-suite rooms, a restaurant and bar/lounge. There are various sporting and leisure facilities including a tennis court and putting green. Free parking is also available as well as Free WiFi in public areas, in Superior Rooms, or in all rooms if you book direct with the hotel. The rooms feature TV’s, tea and coffee making facilities, trouser presses and hairdryers. Guests at the Cumbria Grand can enjoy a game of snooker in the games room and for those who prefer to be outdoors, a leisurely stroll across the private gardens could be the perfect way to unwind. The hotel’s restaurant offers a wide variety of fresh seasonal dishes made using local produce, such as freshly caught shrimps and an extensive list of fine wines and other beverages. The hotel is a short walk away from the beach and the town centre of Grange-over-Sands with its quaint shops and cafes. Lake Windermere is six miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cumbria Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands
- Cumbria Grand Grange Over Sands
- Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands