We stayed for a three night weekend. (our third visit) The hotel is a beautiful Victorian period building which has been going through a period of restoration for many years. A lot of money has been spent but there is a long way to go.
The hotel restaurant lets it down. The breakfast buffet is truly excellent and could not be faulted. The dinner however, I, a City and Guilds qualified chef,would class as canteen quality food. The veg selection on the carvery is abysmal. Each night there was one prepared veg. and on frozen or other convenience one. Most carveries offer about six. On the last evening pea soup was a starter. It was probably just liquidised processed tinned peas, and awful. I would stay here again but only on b&b.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the picturesque English Lake District, by the popular tourist town of Grange over Sands, the Cumbria Grand Hotel is a perfect base for a relaxing break away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotel.de so you can book your Cumbria Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands
- Cumbria Grand Grange Over Sands
- Cumbria Grand Hotel Grange-Over-Sands