“The very best”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Grange-over-Sands
yorkshire
“The very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

Every year a group of 5 couples go for a weekend away at a nice hotel.
This was the best ever.
The location is stunning, with dramatic views across the bay.
The building is fantastic inside and outside with lovely grounds to explore.
The staff were most welcoming and often went out of their way to satisfy our needs.
We dined in the library as a group, a perfect setting in a finely panelled room with our own dedicated service - wonderful.
Absolutely no complaints and would recommend 100%

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

My son & his new bride held a very intimate wedding at Netherwoods& it was a truly magical day.The staff were so friendly & professional, the food superb & the location out of this world. Wonderful memories were made that day, thank you everyone. We are already planning a 1st wedding anniversay reunion weekend at Netherwoods.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stopped off at the Netherwood whilst driving through Grange over Sands. It looks so impressive from the road we just had to have a closer look. As soon as we walked through the entrance doors we were made to feel very welcome by the reception staff. We then spent a lovely couple of hours enjoying afternoon tea in the beautiful lounge overlooking the bay. The staff were friendly and the service was 5 star. We enjoyed roast beef sandwiches, scones and tea and we found the prices more than reasonable. Definitely a hotel to be recommended!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
kendal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

I have been fortunate to stay at the Netherwood on several occasions now. I run large and small group holidays and have done so for several years. No arrangements have been easier or more carefully planned than at the Netherwood. Every detail is covered and, indeed, carried out. All the Hotel staff are friendly and efficient. The Hotel is exceptionally clean, the food excellent and the areas for public use most comfortable and varied - suitable for all occasions - however big or small. My niece has just held her very large wedding at the Hotel. This was an amazing and wonderful experience for everyone. All of us would be very happy indeed to recommend the Netherwood for a similar occasion. I cannot wait to go back - which I am doing next year with yet another group holiday. My grateful thanks to Mike and all his staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
cumkbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

I am actually writing because I can't believe some of the comments recently written about this wonderful hotel. My sixteen year old grandaughter still talks about a visit we made with her ten years ago. The owner and his wife generously allowed her to 'help' whilst we were having our dinner, and she was made to feel that she really was helpful!
I visit the hotel every week and find the owners both generous and attentive. I have never seen anyone work harder than they do to give their guests a good time. I also think it is a pity that hoteliers don't get the chance to review some of their guests, having seen pretty poor behaviour from a small but vociferous minority!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
westsussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I felt i had to write this review in defence of such a well apointed and beautiful hotel. After 5 very,very,very long days of searching for the perfect wedding venue in the Lake District, I can honestly say Thank-God for Netherwood!!!!
We searched high and low looking for the one, and very nearly gave up all hope untill we found this jewl in the crown.
We recieved the warmest of welcomes,right from the beggining,and the attention to detail is second to none.
Nothing was,or would be too much trouble - un-like some of the other (more expensive) venues.
Beautiful hotel,lovely staff,and rooms very clean,tidy and in-keeping with the period of the house.
Please do not let these negative reviews put you off going-you would be missing out!!
I am looking forward to staying there before my wedding and cant wait till the big day at the most perfect and beautiful hotel in the south lakes!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

I am writing this in an attempt to redress the shamefully distorted impression given by some of the recent reviews of the Netherwood hotel that I have just read on this page.

The hotel has just hosted my daughter’s wedding, just as it seems to have done for at least some of the correspondents to this page.

It is impossible to praise the quiet efficiency, diplomacy and care displayed by the manager and his staff too highly – not least in the way they handled the eviction of the most selfish and unpleasant wedding party that preceded ours, very many of whom were still in their rooms on the day of our arrival, and some of whom I heard being singularly ‘unhelpful’ to the hotel staff, whilst they were trying, with great courtesy, to extricate them from their rooms - and this after 1.00 p.m. The quick and thorough way in which everything was prepared after that is testament enough for the pride the staff take in doing their job well. I heard no staff complaining about their jobs or the management. And, though the plight they were left in by their lingering guests was another matter altogether, even as far as that went they were professional and unforthcoming. A sign of good training if ever I saw one.

The hotel is comfortable, immaculately clean and above all welcoming and friendly. All its personnel, manager and staff alike, showed us human and personal touch, often so totally absent in so many similar establishments these days, both in the planning of ‘our’ wedding and in the conduct of the day itself. Nothing was too much trouble for them in their aim to make our day a memorable and happy one. Everything, was handled with a maximum of unobtrusive efficiency – just as it should be.

I cannot recommend the Netherwood too highly for any similar event. The food was delicious, and the facilities and splendid spaces it can provide make it a uniquely fine venue in a beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grange-over-Sands
Cumbria Grand Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cartmel
Hampsfell House Hotel
Hampsfell House Hotel
#4 of 10 in Grange-over-Sands

Been to Netherwood? Share your experiences!