All reviews carriages restaurant wedding venue sauna and steam room beautiful hotel artificial flowers roll top bath front facing honeymoon suite christmas break wedding guests would highly recommend this hotel four poster function room train station fillet steak kippers lake district
Reviewed July 20, 2015

Brilliant place to stay - ideal location in Grange, amazing grounds and guaranteed a good time. Bar is reasonably priced for somewhere of this stature, staff very helpful. Would highly recommend a couple of days here in the summer.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2015

Just got back from a night at the Grange Hotel. It was wonderful. Our room was beautiful, had plenty of space, the bathroom had a walk-in shower and a lovely deep bath. And the whole place was spotless.

My wife and I pre-booked a session in the Relaxation Rooms and it was marvellous. I would recommend it to anyone. After an hour of my 90-minute head to heel massage I was so relaxed I forgot my own name.

The hotel has a small indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. All immaculate.

We'd pre-booked a 5-course meal in the hotel's restaurant, Carriages. The service was excellent. Attentive without being over fussy. The food was magnificent. My main course was one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my life.

Breakfast is a treat, too. Plenty of choice and the option of waffles and porridge brought to your table. Again, the staff were exemplary. Nothing is too much trouble and they are very quick in dealing with requests. Again, the food is excellent.

It is a very beautiful old hotel set in very nice grounds and just opposite the town's train station. The hotel itself is great but the staff make it a very special place.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmyoueffsee
Reviewed July 15, 2015

It seems that the hotel is now mainly a wedding venue and is probably quite good for that. However it does leave the ordinary guest feeling a bit crowded out at times.
The bedrooms were beautifully furnished and the windows opened so it was cool at night. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant but it was a little over-priced in our opinion. We had told the staff when we booked that this was our Ruby wedding anniversaryin our honeymoon hotel, and we told the waiting staff in the restaurant but they did not acknowledge this at all - just a card in our room would have made such a difference. The parking situation when they have a wedding is inadequate and can mean a steep walk up the drive.
The breakfast room was the biggest disappointment, it was low and depressing with no outward looking windows. The food was good but a very limited range, and with long tables set out for wedding guests, the rest of the guests were pushed to the side. It felt lie a cheap B&B.

Room tip: The rooms facing the front should all have a view of the bay which is lovely.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank karenapring
Reviewed July 11, 2015 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Grange Hotel for a family wedding, the day was excellent and the staff were most helpful

Our room was very large and situated next to the brides suite which was great for my wife as she was a bridesmaid and it meant she was close to me and our little boy if needed.

On the second night our 8 month old fell ill and had a temperature (not at all the hotels fault) so we called NHS 111 and informed the hotel they may call back. A few minutes later a member of staff (Christian) came to our room with an alternative number which meant we could speak to a doctor straight away. The doctor recommended we make up a drink (dioralyte) and banana. Christian took my wife to make up the drink and get a banana at no extra charge and made sure everything was ok before leaving.

We didn't expect Christian to bring us the extra number or to give us the things we needed for free but this was really appreciated and it made our stay much easier when trying to also look after our little boy.

Another big thank you to the hotel and especially Christian for the excellent service and assistance throughout our stay.

Ste, Nic and Joshua.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2015

I experienced the hotel as one of the participants of a nutrition conference last June. This was my second visit. I find the hotel interestingly warm. I think it is because of the staff as well as the ambiance of how the hotel building was arranged. Seminar rooms are efficiently managed, thus cozy enough for the presenters and the audiences. The view is fabulous. The location is perfect as it is just across the Grange over Sands train station and very close to the well-known Promenade (alongside the railway). On summer, the locals set a yearly Edwardian festival, an attraction I missed, located in the center park of the town, just 10-minute walk from Grange Hotel.

Date of stay: June 2015