“GOOD QUALITY ENGLISH FAYRE BUT A BIT EXPENSIVE”

The Chequers Inn Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 154 Restaurants in Grantham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Friendly pub restaurant providing good quality food but £24 for three courses on Mothering Sunday. Choice of four starters which were delicious and so were the main courses with good helpings of quality rare roast beef. Apart from undercooked parsnips, tasteless but crispy roast potatoes and chewy pork cracklin and disappointing yorkshire puddings, but after serving over 300 meals in a day forgiveable. Sweets were very good if slightly small and coffee was at least drinkable. Good ambiance, will certainly return to try the al a carte menu during the summer. Large car park at rear and large garden with ample seating. Well stocked bar with wine starting at around £16 per bottle If you are in the area certainly give the place a visit and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Once again a calendar event, Mothers Day, and again I think long and hard about where to take family for great food, a really well stocked and varied bar, and above all a fantastic welcome, and super atmosphere.

Once again I have to aim for the one place i can honestly say , we have never been disappointed " The Chequers at Woolsthorpe By Belvoir "
Set in the shadow of one of England's finest Castles, this place is a real find

We spent our Christmas Day at Chequers , the first time ever we have taken a chance on eating out for the most important meal of the year , and it was fabulous from the moment we arrived.

We were given complimentary Champagne on arrival, and sat down to a feast of a meal.

One thing I note is that the Chequers staff are a young crowd, but unlike experiences elsewhere , these guys really work hard and excelled that day catering ably under what must have been huge pressure.

So we tried again for Valentines Night , and once again we were bowled over by the hospitality , the food here was again great, and the place was packed to the rafters , on a Tuesday ,School night.

Roll on Mummys Day...

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We took advantage of the very good Sunday Night deal. £10 if you have a three couse meal. Our room was great, very spacious, very clean, very comfortable beds. We arrived Sunday lunchtime and sat in the garden in the sunshine. It was very busy, obviously very popular, but the service was quick and efficient. I had creme of cauliflower soup which was delicious and my husband had stilton mushrooms, also delicious. Our evening meal was wonderful. Very imaginative menu. I especially liked the caramelised bananas with ginger ice cream. My husband loved the fish. We will definitely go again.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I eat at the Chequers about 10 times a year. I also had my wedding reception there. I've never once had a bad meal or bad service.
I love all the nooks and crannies you can eat in (bake house, bar, snug, back lounge and restaurant). The food is always 1st class, yes it is far better than some London Michelin starred eateries (GR at Claridge's).
The atmosphere in the Chequers is perfect, the food, the staff, the owners. It's everything one could wish for, for a great eating experience. They always have superb deal on.
Love the place, am making myself hungry now.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Love this pub. proper country pub that serves excellent gastro pub type food. it is not the cheapest (although not over priced either), but it ois worth every penny. Amazing food - love it, highly recommended!