“Top Class Food with first rate service.”
Review of Bombay Brasserie

Bombay Brasserie
Ranked #19 of 154 Restaurants in Grantham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Whether you dine in this restaurant or have the take away option everything is done to perfection. I have a dairy intolerance and also IBS and the staff went out of their way to make sure I had the same stunning food as my husband with slight adjustments specially for me. For someone to do this for me always makes me feel special and this restaurant was no different.

The restaurant is spotless and even has a large room at the side which is perfect for get togetherness of party nights. When you taste this food you will never settle with a chippy meal again.

1  Thank JanAllan58

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'm a local boy and swear by this restaurant.....I have been to many Indian restaurants, and none compare to this. The food is exciting and full of flavor without being overpriced. They have put a modern twist on dishes without taking away from the traditional flavors. The service is second to none, fast and always with a smile. Nas is a brilliant front of house, very friendly and accommodating. Fantastic food and equally good service. I highly recommend the Kurzi Lamb (you have to pre-order). The take away service is also fantastic, I've never had a late/bad takeaway......... keep up the good work guys

1  Thank MichaelG1980
Reviewed April 12, 2013

No need for gimmicks......excellent food and service at the Bombay and nothing is ever too much trouble for Neil and his team. The food is delicious and the king prawn saag is to die for. Neil and Naz are always at hand to suggest new things to try, even if they are not on the menu. Would recommend you to try the Bombay for great food, value and service.

1  Thank Lisawil
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Bombay Brasserie is an excellent restaurant. The service is fantastic' The food is all really interesting and excellent quality, and good value for money. This place can't be faulted The staff are really helpful. Great food, great value, great host and great labelling! What more could anyone ask for!

1  Thank Paulinaaaax
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited for Fri evening meal as part of an Easter weekend break in Lincolnshire.

Chose this based on recommendations from this site and initial impressions on entering the restaurant were a cut above the usual Indian. We booked early (6:30) and the staff were very attentive and the service was probably the fastest I've ever had in a curry house. Prices were a bit more than my local but not too expensive.

I am glad we booked earlier as I don't think Grantham is somewhere I would want to hang around later on, but that is no reflection on the restaurant.

My partner chose a mild Kashmiri/Kashmir which had lychees in but was delicious with a sweet flavour. I chose my favourite which was a chicken saag, a medium spiced spinach based curry. I know that spice/heat level in curries varies in each restaurant and sometimes a saag can be a bit hotter, say "madras" level which I don't mind. This was definitely more "vindaloo" strength and although the flavour was great it was too much for me and I couldn't finish it.

The waiters checked on us regularly and asked if the food was OK and I explained that I got a bit of shock with my saag. The waiter was very apologetic and immediately offered me a free replacement meal. He explained they had changed the brand of chilli and may have made a misjudged it in my meal. We actually got free deserts and a free shot of Goldschlager which I was happy with.

Overall the staff were very friendly and the service was great and I think I was just unlucky with the spice level in my meal on this occasion.