“Authentic and friendly taste of home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Piccola Venezia

Piccola Venezia
Ranked #2 of 152 Restaurants in Grantham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic and friendly taste of home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

As a half Italian family, we tend to avoid Italian restaurants. However, having been recommended Piccola Venezia we decided to break our own rules, and we're so glad we did! The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming, as well as being very efficient, and we were chatting in true Italian style before very long. Although my family don't come from Calabria, the food was very authentic and certain dishes - such as the incredible fish platter - were a gorgeous reminder of our family holidays spent by the sea! What a delightful treat! Overall, this gorgeous little restaurant is firmly among our favourites for family meals out, and I will be proudly taking my valentine there on friday! Just make sure you book in advance - you wouldn't want to miss out... Buon appetito! :)

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Costanza P

“Authentic friendly Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I booked a table for two for 8pm on a Friday evening and the small, well decorated restaurant was almost full. The staff were very fulfilling of our needs, they took our orders after a few minutes, the menus were well organised into sections and included some italian phrases. The starter of fish platter was amazing! With lots of variety, the mains were tasty, full of Italian flavour and freshly cooked, they even cooked something that was not on the menu that I requested!
Overall, fantastic! A little expensive for beer though!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Abi S
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Grantham's very own Little Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Having spent some time in Calabria, I have eaten in some superb Italian restaurants and was told that Piccola Venezia offered a slice of this on your doorstep. If I had a euro for every positive review I've heard of the place, I'd have been able to order champagne at least a couple of times.

The surroundings, from the decor to the tablecloths, certainly looked authentic. When coupled with the friendly, efficient service, from staff who are all actually from Calabria (it's like it was meant to be!) it was easy to transport yourself straight to Italy.

The appetisers and starters were classy enough, but it was the main course that really blew the mind. I went for the pig's liver, which was either going to be a roaring success or a bitter disappointment. I'm over the moon to say it was the former! I'm also pleased to report that they do wine by the half litre, which is always a bonus.

One tip. If it's your birthday, don't go dropping any hints like getting everyone to sing 'Happy Birthday' in the hope of getting any freebies - it will fall on deaf ears! Other than that, you'd be mad not to grab a slice of the action yourself.

1 Thank Dan G
Grantham
“Outstanding traditional Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

After a lot of recent trips to Italy ahead of a move later this year we have enjoyed some many fantastic Italian meals. This restaurant offers amazing traditional Italian food and the staff are extremely nice. On Saturday evening we made our first visit in a while and once again the food was exceptional. What I like about this place is that it is a real family run restaurant with Italian and English speaking waiting staff to add to your experience. The waiting staff were fantastic on Saturday night and exceptional patient at the same time as my wife and I tried to order and speak fully in Italian.

Its not often you find a really good restaurant like this and Grantham is definitely lucky to have Piccola Venezia’s.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly true italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

very nice, friendly true Italian restaurant ! I and my family moved to England and was a beautiful surprise to find such nice Italian corner to have our special dinner.
You can smell the Italian flavour and listen Italian music a swell, amazing !
The food is tasty and of high quality.
I suggest to have gnocchi a real masterpiece of the chef ! Don't forget to order the Italian " tiramisu " as dessert! Have a nice dinner !

1 Thank Caterina782