“Intimate restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Intimate restaurant”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

very much enjoyed the whole experience. A small restaurant ideal for couples looking for a romantic meal out. Good quality food well cooked by Italians!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank adm1966

Grantham, United Kingdom
“Great little family run restaurant”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went for a meal here on the recommendation of a friend and had an excellent meal. Wonderful shared Antipasti platter washed down with the house white which was perfectly acceptable and well priced. My pasta with gorgonzola was really tasty without being overpowering and my wifes petit do pollo was also very tasty - i am told - she was not going to share. Was full then but thought I better try the Taramisu just so i could write a fuller review - again excellent. A doppio expresso and Amaretto later and I was back in italy - horrible suspicion the two mile walk home did not make the meal 'calorie' neutral but hey it certainly was worth it. Staff were lovely - even being polite about our poor attempts at Italian. Service was well timed - leisurely in a typically italian way without being too slow.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bryan_and_Emma
Hawkhurst, United Kingdom
“surprisingly authentic”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Went as a small party of 9. Not impressive surroundings on a fairly busy road in the centre of Grantham. Quite a small restaurant but this gives a pleasant atmosphere. Gets busy so need to book well in advance I'm told by some local friends. The layout inside and the fact that the Staff are Italian helps to create an authentic feel and the extensive menu continues this theme. Food is very good and the service is very relaxed yet efficient. Having recently returned from a week near Sienna in Italy where I experienced the Italian dining experience first hand, I can say that in view of the fact that it's located in a market town in Lincolnshire and doesn't have the views of the hills or the bustle of the Campo in Sienna this restaurant comes out very well. I would recommend it and I will return. (to Sienna as well I hope).

• Visited September 2011
Isle of Man
“Great little Italian in Grantham”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Been here for a couple of meals and each time it's been realy lovely. The staff (who are genuinely Italian, so not at all like Sorrento's who's staff are as Italian as I am!!) are very welcoming and friendly. Good menu, and the food it well presented and well cooked - and not overpriced. Good house wine at a decent price. Doesn't look much from the outside, but it's a little gem.

• Visited April 2012
Bologna, Italy
“The best of the best”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

It's not a long time I live in England and, as everybody talked me about this restaurant, I decided to go with two italian friends of mine (who better than them could make a right assessment).
Well, when I finished my lunch I could barely breathe!
So big and tasty portions, so delicious everything (including the most lovely tiramisu I've ever tasted) and so good prices!
Three of us, eating starter, main, dessert and having wine (enough to get tipsy); well, we didn't pay more than 90 pounds!
Lovely atmosphere, very nice and easy going service, I felt like in Italy, well-treated and with quality food. My friends made me promise, if never come back, to go to Piccola Venezia again!
And for me was not that difficult to accept.
Definitely the best italian food in the area.

• Visited May 2012