“Lovely Chasni, Butterfly Unimpressive”
Review of Manha Spice - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was unimpressed by the size of my prawn butterfly starter, but the wide selection of dishes for the main course was most pleasing and the Chasni turned out to be absolutely excellent.

The service was also good, and the atmosphere was fine.

Overall, a decent Indian restaurant.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Called in to order takeaway. Was offered a drink whilst waiting and the staff were very pleasant and chatty. Seemingly they have only been opened a few weeks. We ordered a variety of dishes, all were very tasty and of ample size. I note that a previous reviewer complained about size of nan. We found ours to be 'standard' size (and a 2nd one was included free). absolutely no complaints and would definitely return.

2  Thank tanya999
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the first Indian I have ever ordered from and still been hungry afterwards. I was extremely disappointed with the starters. £3.50 for veg pakora and there were only 4 small pieces. The same price for vegetable samosas and came as a portion of 2 - which you normally get but again these were very small. Prices are similar to other Indian restaurants but I wouldn't spend mine here again. The nan bread was so small - a third of the size you would normally get. Curries appeared a decent size but didn't have a lot of meat in them. Overall very disappointed and feel totally ripped off. Will definitely not be back.

1  Thank RachelMcP
Reviewed June 24, 2014

What can I say, I found this restaurant on Saturday night after a long drive up from Birmingham. I had a really enjoyable meal here. I returned here for a second meal last night, which again was a very enjoyable meal. For previous visitors to Grantown-on-Spey the restaurant replaces the Chinese Town restaurant that was at this location last year.

2  Thank davisanthony64
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Enjoyed a fabulous meal at the Manha Spice while on holiday in the Cairngorms and wanted to share that this was not an average Indian meal. The young waiter was friendly and very helpful explaining dishes on the menu. The food was was just so much tastier than the usual offerings from the imaginative starters to the dishes from the specials menu that we tried. We wish the team much success in their new venture keep up the good work!

1  Thank cubs2014