I was in Scotland on a solo trip in a rented campervan and I decided to stop by the Mucrach Lodge for one nights sleep to get a decent shower. This was a old hotel and it certainly had the special charm you don't find in newer hotels. Everything was clean and well decorated and the bar had the rooms had a very special and comforting atmosphere.
The only negative thing about the hotel that I can think of is that there are a bit limited internet access as the wifi are only good on some rooms. I pointed out that I needed to get online to the staff and they where more than helpful to find a room that had decent wireless connection so this was not a problem but something one should be aware of when booking your room.
The rooms was cozy and was well equipped and unlike most hotels had a very personal touch to them. I was actually enjoying my stay in the Muckrach Lodge so much that I decided to come back for another night just to enjoy the beautiful building and relax a little.
The breakfast was perfectly cooked and well presented. The staff was also impressive, the friendliness and service was excellent and you don't feel that you are surrounded by robots like most other hotels. This is the kind of hotel where you really feel at home and that the staff really care about your well-being. The surroundings and location was excellent as well.
For my next trip to Scotland I will for sure revisit Muckrach hotel as this is by far one of the most relaxing and friendly place I have ever stayed and I have stayed in quite a few hotels so I should know. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muckrach Country House Hotel is under new management & re-opened in May 2015, as a 4 star 11 bedroom Victorian Shooting Lodge. Muckrach Country House Hotel was bought in January 2014 and has been fully renovated over a 15 month period. Muckrach Country House Hotel sits in the heart of the Spey Valley, set in 10 acres surrounded by pastureland and mountains. No activity is far away; whether it be winter sports, field sports, fishing, walking, golf, mountain biking or adrenalin-led fun, they are all accessible within half an hour or less. All bedrooms have a contemporary porcelain-tiled ensuite. 1 Bedroom has an inter-connecting family room option, although z beds are available to add to most rooms. All bedrooms have underfloor heating, free WIFI, entertainment system, tea/coffee making facilities and Hypnos beds. The Coffee Shop / Restaurant and Bar are open to non-residents from breakfast through to supper. Our chefs bring the best of Scottish produce together in their menus. Choose to take Afternoon Tea in the Drawing Room, a wee dram in the Bar or organise a private dining party for up to 16 in The Grant Room. A Highland welcome awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muckrach Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckrach Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Muckrach Country House Hotel Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland