“Don't go here”
Review of Craiglynne Hotel

Craiglynne Hotel
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Looked at this hotel on their website and although we had not booked we headed there. Looked lovely from the outside, so went in to see if they had a double room. The receptionist said that the only one they had had got a crack in the sink but they did have a twin room. Luckily we asked to see it before committing ourselves. Supposedly ensuite - the sink was in the bedroom and the shower and toilet were in what I can only describe as a cupboard with a solid sliding door. Looked around the room. Not very clean at all. We made a hasty escape and told them that it was not for us. I can honestly say that it was the worst rom I have ever sen

1  Thank farmerswife09

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Booked a double bedroom for my partner and I over the easter weekend only to find out we were getting a twin room because they had double booked. They never told me this at check in so i had payed before i got the key to the room so they're was no going back. The tv did not work either. We then had to change rooms the following day so had to pack our belongings in the morning and await for a room to become available. Later at night when we got to the double room. There was no toilet paper so had to go back down to reception to get some. The breakfast included was minimal. Also had to wait 45 minutes for it. They told me they would sort out a refund for the inconvenience. Giving that I booked a double room costing £106 only to be giving a a twin room. They would only refund me £30. Absolute joke. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone

1  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Lost count of our stays here but never been disappointed yet. Latest stay on 4night Easy Breaks offfer excellent once again don't know how they do it for the price.Lovely room ideal for someone with limited mobility, good food and pleasant staff and fantastic weather too!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have mixed emotions about this motel... Firstly your initial impressions are that it has old world charm... however it stops at the façade. The room is very ordinary and not clean, as apparent from the evidence of the previous occupants (ie. rubbish in bins, soap used etc) I can say however that the bed was comfortable to sleep in, once I got past wondering if they had cleaned the sheets. Exploring the hotel you get a sense of wonderment at how regal this building would have been in it's day and staying there would have been infinitely more enjoyable if the staff had been consistent, the food good or the rooms cleaned. Sadly this was not the case. On the upside, crossing the road you can explore the local countryside and it's quite spectacular. As one would expect in Scotland!

3  Thank Crystalline4u
Reviewed October 14, 2013

had a fantastic weekend away with my partner, friendly staff, lovely atmosphere, beautiful food. staff were so helpful when asked for information or directions. was sad that we were only booked one night, going back for a few nights next time hopefully very soon.