“Fantastic :)” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Craiglynne Hotel
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Fantastic :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel would highly recommend :)..staff were really friendly always polite..food was excellent..had a lovely room looking over the gardens really enjoyed myself..thanks very much for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are always delighted to see our return visitors! We are again pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us and we do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Gemah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here as part of a coach trip package deal - for the price I paid plus past experience of hotels booked by the coach company the Craiglynne was disappointing. I paid a single supplement yet was put into a single room which boasted a fabulous view of a roof covered in pigeon poo! In -room tea and coffee were not replenshed each day; I had no replacement hand towel; bed wasn't made one day; no towel rail by wash basin in room. Breakfast food was OK but dinner was not - uncooked, inedible vegetables; mash the only potato option; fish tasteless. Thank heavens for a pudding to fill you up! Some staff very pleasant and helpful, others offhand bordering on rude. On a positive note the gardens were lovely as was the lounge area. Would I stay here again - NO.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jackie T
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I have looked in to the issues raised and I am unable to track what room you actually stayed in or the dates you stayed with us, we do keep a log of any issues raised by our customers to ensure they are rectified and dealt with immediately, we certainly do not like to hear of any of our guests leaving us unhappy.

If you paid a single room supplement, this is charged due to various reasons, however it will always provide you with a single bedded room, however had you paid for a sole occupancy room, then you certainly would have been provided with a double bedded room.

Unfortunately there is very little we can do about the bird droppings, what I can confirm is that we do have regular visits from a specialized team who do deep clean bird droppings on a monthly basis, however I am sure you will appreciate this is something out with our control.

I was disappointed to read that your tea tray was not replenished each day, this is part of the house keeping daily tasks and I can only offer my apologies, I was also baffled to read that you did not have a towel rail in your bathroom as all of our rooms are fitted with towel rails? All towels are replaced daily if they are placed within the bath/shower as per the environmental policy (which is situated within every bathroom).

I was disappointed when I read your comments regarding our food, I can assure you that this is not normal in regards to our meals, usually we receive positive feed back, and on this occasion we clearly got things wrong. Our chefs prepare all of our menus which change each day on a four day cycle, and we serve over 2000 meals per week, as you can appreciate we do our best to cater for everyone and their individual tastes, and I am sorry you did not enjoy our the food on offer. I have discussed your email at length with the restaurant and kitchen team to ensure we get this right going forward, I do however appreciate this is no consolation to yourself

Once again, thanks you for taking the time in posting your review.

Gemah

Travelers are raving about these Grantown-on-Spey hotels

fort-william
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed a few weeks ago at the craiglynne hotel, I do like to write reviews of where I have stayed, because usually all I read are negatives!!!! Really when you think of it how many people stay in a hotel in a week? How many of us write we had a good time, always people moaning.
The craiglynne is a lovely hotel I stayed for 2nights staff very pleasent BREAKFAST is lovely how many hotels serve Stornaway black pudding maybe just me but I love it!!! plus rest of breakfast, evening meal very well presented and tasted lovely, my room was spacious and nice, very clean even the gardener was the perfect gentleman asking have you had a nice time
Twice I have been to other hotels with Easy Breaks and for what you pay how on earth can people complain do they want 5* for next to nothing oh and lovely to sit in the gardens especially when weather is nice will I go back DEFINATLY.

Room Tip: If possible get a front view room looking on to gardens, but then every-one wants that
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

We were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team, we do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Stockport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

For the price that was paid, we were expecting a good hotel with good service. Unfortunately this was not the case. Service, especially in the restaurant, was average to say the least. While the quality of the food in the evening was good, the same cannot be said for breakfast. Very poor quality and portions for the price paid. The rooms were again at best average.My personal opinion is that it is a hotel that needs a good renovation project that reflects the prices.

1 Thank David L
Craiglynne, General Manager at The Craiglynne Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor, we are appreciative of the time our guests take to post their feedback.

I was surprised to read your comments as we generally receive positive feedback about food and our service. We serve over 2000 meals per week and we do try our upmost to cater for everyone’s individual tastes/requirements, on occasions we can get this wrong, and I appreciate this is of no consolation to yourself.

I was disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you during your stay, when we could have rectified the issues raised; we never like to hear of any of our guests leaving us unhappy.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review, and my apologies that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The staff could not do enough for you they were very obliging ,helpful and friendly we have been going to this Hotel for more years than I can remember and keep going back.I would recommend to young and old alike.

Room Tip: not one near the kitchen
1 Thank zandra1234
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read you enjoyed your short stay with us and I have passed your kind comments on to the team, we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

On booking with Easy Breaks we had requested a quiet room with bath. On reading some of the reviews on this site on the Sunday, a week before our arrival I phoned the hotel to ask if we could also have a room with a view of the garden. I was informed by the receptionist that I was not to worry as we had been allocated an upgraded 2nd floor room overlooking the gardens.
When we arrived we were presented with the key for Room 111. It was awful and certainly not what we had been given to expect. It was very small and overlooked what I can only call a void full of pigeon droppings and various detritous. You could only see daylight if you leanend out of the window. The entrance to the bathroom was a sliding door with a lethal six inch step to enter. 4 Nights in that was unacceptable. We immediately complained and asked why our room had been changed. According to reception we should not have been given this info. I pointed out that this was not my problem and demanded the room be changed. They said there were no available doubles, they only have 8 in the whole hotel, I was to return in the morning and they would see what they could do. We spent a dreadful night in that room. There was a large, very hot water pipe in the bathroom so the room was very warm. We were frightened to open the windows in case the pigeons came in. The side of the bed ran along a corridor wall with constant comings and goings. The wall behind the bed was a staircase wall with the same problems. Every floorboard squeaked. Nightmare.We returned next morning to find that lots of people were checking out, so returned later but still had to stand for 25 minutes before I reached the front of the queue only to be told coiuld I please wait as people were checking out. I refused and insisted my complaint be dealt with. I also said we would be prepared to take twin bedded room. Very grudgingly I was dealt with but I was told to return later as understandably the room was not ready. We finally departed the hotel for the day at 11.30 am. What a waste of our time. On return we got the keys for 141 which was satisfactory. See 111 pics . My ratings only refer to this room.

Room Tip: Don't take room 111 or any rooms that look into the centre or rear. The food was very good and t...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly I apologise you were not given the room that was discussed with you over the telephone, as I mentioned at the time, to secure a front facing room guests can pay an additional £10.00 per night for this to be guaranteed.

I can only apologise for the view that you had, I can assure you this is not our usual standard of service. We have our pest control service visit us on a four weekly basis to clear out any bird debris etc. as you will appreciate from a health and safety side we do need a specialized company to carry this out on our behalf and it is something that is beyond our control, although we do try our upmost to prevent the pigeons gaining access in sections of the building that we cannot gain access to ourselves, with the environment company placing netting on roof tops.

We did move you the very next day to a front facing room, free of charge. I am pleased we were able to offer you an alternative room; it’s such a shame that your review is only based on one room and not of your overall experience.

I taken your comments on board and once again I would like to thank you for your review, and my apologies that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards
Gemah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantown-on-Spey
Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club
#1 of 9 in Grantown-on-Spey
Nethybridge Hotel
Nethybridge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Nethy Bridge

Been to The Craiglynne Hotel? Share your experiences!