We had a wonderful 5 day stay at Culdearn House. The rooms in this lovely old house are elegantly decorated, with very comfortable beds and high quality linens. It is located on a very quiet street in charming Grantown-on-Spey, a great location for exploring the Highlands. Everything was impeccably clean as well.
Sophie and William Marshall, the proprietors were were both warm and gracious, and very helpful in making suggestions as to things to see (Sophie provided us with excellent driving directions!) We elected for the full breakfast and supper package, which was a good deal and saved us a lot of time that we might otherwise have had to spend searching for restaurants. This turned out to be a great decision as the food at Culdearn was absolutely amazing. In fact, it turned out to be an unexpected highlight of the trip! No wonder they've won numerous culinary awards.
Next time we visit the Highlands, we will definitely book another stay at Culdearn House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beatiful Victoria Country House built in 1860 which has retained many of its original features. It is now a small hotel offering fine food, excellent malts and wines and is ideally based within the heart of Speyside on the whisky and castle trails. Salmon and sea trout fishing on the nearby River Spey, 5 beautiful golf courses, steam train, funicular railway to the top of Cairngorm Mountain are all within easy short distance from the house. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Culdearn House Hotel Grantown-On-Spey
- Culdearn Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Culdearn House Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland