Culdearn House
$141
$189
$184
Hotels.com
Garth Hotel & Restaurant(Grantown-on-Spey)
$132
Nethybridge Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
$143
$105
Agoda.com
Ben Mhor Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
Ravenscourt House(Grantown-on-Spey)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Mountview Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscooked to perfectionsuperb foodcouple of yearscourse dinnerdining roombeautiful roomwonderful staystayed nightssecond to noneshort breakfirst classwilliamsoniacashmerehighlandshouselounge
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my family to Aviemore for half term week, and stayed somewhere local for a few days.

Culdearn House is on the Michelin Guide, which I tend to use as its 100% reliable.

The owner accommodated us even though the hotel mainly cater for hotel guests. My family were the only diners, which I guess for some could be a little of putting. Though for us, we had deep conversation and health debate, so could't care less if there were other diners or not.

The food here is of Michelin standard and the service was exceptional from the boutique hotel.
I love a good steak, and wasn't disappointed.

Paul.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
wildwullie, Manager at Culdearn House, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your write up on this site. We are very pleased that you were happy with your meal with us.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had previously stayed at a B&B in Inverness that had been rated "superb " on Booking.com. Someone had obviously hit the Whiskey Trail because it was so bad we spent one night, paid for three and left. Through luck we found the Culdearn House, and it literally saved our vacation . First off, everything is immaculate, no detail missed. The owners, William and Sonia, could not have been more kind, helpful and caring. They are professional but not intrusive. The range of people staying there was diverse and delightful. I can be a picky eater, and my husband loves to try new things. Sonia's wonderful cooking accommodated us both. Amazingly each dinner was prepared fresh for everyone in the dining room. I doubt whether any meal she makes has ever seen a microwave.

One of the most delightful things was my husband could drink any of their extensive whiskey collection and not have to get in a car and drive...simply walk up the stairs and luxuriate in a comfortable, quiet room where everything is beautifully maintained, and every detail, down to a hot water bottle has been provided.

After reading some of the reviews, there have been comments that perplexed me. William and Sonia are anything BUT cold and unwelcoming. They care about what they do, and truly desire to make each guest's stay just right. If that means making sure a guest is accommodated at a unique distillery and they have enough time to get there promptly, they do it. But it is simply because hey care that the guest has the best experience while staying with them. They are consummate professionals and it shows.

My husband and I cannot thank William and Sonia enough. Literally our experience with them kept us from taking the next flight back to the US.

Do not think twice about staying at the Culdearn House. We have stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel, where my husband had to fix the toilet,and all sorts of places in between and the Culdearn House was one of the best.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your stay. We appreciate it very much.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was our third visit to Culdearn House - each time in a house-party of ten, given exclusive use of the hotel. Why do we keep going back? Well that's quite simple - it meets our requirements exactly. We do not like the odours left by wet dogs and people who smoke, we do like comfortable and clean rooms, we expect good food and wine and above all we value personal service. Being close to a superb golf course whose staff make us equally welcome makes this an unbeatable combination.
The food is not "cheffy" but we enjoyed the varied menus and the superb breakfasts never failed to start the days well. The wine list has some nice wines at reasonable prices and a good selection for those with demanding palates, too.
Reading the reviews by previous guests, and knowing the hotel as we do, it seems that Sonia and Wiilliam have had their share of "guests from hell" who not only make unreasonable demands but then write spiteful reviews afterwards! If you turn up at a "no dogs" hotel, complete with dog, what do you expect? I am so glad to read that they will not be returning to Culdearn House.
Of course there are faults - one can always find something to criticise if one tries hard enough! My gripe? If I pay £30 for a truly luscious Marlborough Sauvignon blanc (no complaint about the price either) I would like it to be kept at drinking temperature until the end, not just left on the table. An ice-bucket would do the trick and I am sure that next time we visit it will.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChristoJH

Thank you so very much for your positive right up on this site. We appreciate all you say.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The food was great and the room clean and comfortable (if a little flowery for our taste) but the welcome was very, very unfriendly. From start to finish we felt uncomfortable and unwanted. We will never be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Zooplo
wildwullie, Owner at Culdearn House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

We are pleased to note that, in common with the many positive reviews which others have posted, this reviewer thought the food lovely and the rooms fine. As for the welcome, we have several house rules which are displayed on our web site i.e. we are smoke free and pet free (except for Guide Dogs) etc.etc. which, when pointed out to the party on arrival that they were contravening one of our house rules, they took exception and stated on TA that we were unfriendly. We were safe guarding our business for those guests who suffer from allergies who rely on that assertion.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed at Culdearn for two nights and received the warmest welcome . The food was excellent, the rooms beautiful and we had a very restful and relaxing time. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to someone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple