“Brilliant weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Craggan Outdoors

Craggan Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Craggan Outdoors, 'Best Visitor Attraction' in the Highlands & Islands Tourism Awards 2012, & also a finalist in 2009, '10 & '14. Based at Grantown-on-Spey (15 minutes from Aviemore) on beautiful Speyside in the Cairngorms National Park, Craggan Outdoors offers one of the widest ranges of outdoor activities available in Scotland.
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“Brilliant weekend”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just back from a stag do at Craggan where we did gorge walking and clay pigeon shooting. Both activities were excellent and well run. I especaily enjoyed the gorge walking which was brilliant fun and the scenery was awesome...it was also a great hangover cure. The clay pigeon shooting was a good end to the day after a nice spot of lunch. There was about a 15min walk to the shooting range but we had a really sunny day so didn't mind. The instructors were top notch and great banter.

We stayed in the bunkhouse which is ideal for a stag party, you can pretty much do what you want with the excepition of burning the house down, and there are no neighbours to complian about the noise!!

Overall the whole experience was BRILLIANT and Keith was very helpful and friendly from our first enquiry right through to our departure.

I would highly recommend Craggan Outdoors to everyone.

Visited September 2012

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Gorge walking”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Last October I bought the gorge walking for my partner as a bday present. As he works in a hotel we had serious problems getting time to book it. Time passed and every time we booked it rained so heavy the days before we could not go.
Finally on the 3rd September (almost a year after purchase!) we managed it, thanks to Keith and his team opening a slot just for us. (thanks again)
This left us and the 2 instructors. I'm not the fittest, nor the most interested in sport but I got hooked! My partner had done it before, as an instructor, so he knew what to expect.
We both agree it was fantastic, the guys instructions where clear and emphasis was on safety. Despite that it was also great fun, sometimes you find safety overpowers the fun - not here!
We went up and down 5 times, the most the young lady instructor had done in any one session so she told me.
I've read other reviews that have been posted and the very few that have not been positive I can only imagine they caught craggan outdoors on a bad day as I have received nothing but friendly, professional service from day one. I also find value for money is good and it is certainly not the most expensice around here! Plus, we were in the gorge for nearly 2 hours, which I was not expecting!
Both the instructors where fun to be around, friendly and didnt let me drown so 10 out of 10 for Craggan!

Visited September 2012
elgin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“loved all the activities”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We won a local radio competition a couple of years ago, 5 days 2 activities per day plus accommodation, we did archery, kayaking, golf , canoeing down the River Spey, quad biking ( which unfortunately has stopped), clay pigeon shooting & my favourite gorge walking, loved it all . great bunch of instructors, very professional. Had our meals in the cafe & couldnt fault any of it . we stayed in the bothy, it was clean , warm & set in a great place with fantastic views. we popped in passed for lunch recently homemade soup & a sandwich which was absolutely brilliant. all in all we had a great time & would highly recommend it !!!!

Visited July 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Raft Building”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Really enjoyed the raft building experience at Craggan Outdoors. We were a group of mixed ability girls (hen weekend) and the instructors were both encouraging & fun. All had a great time...thanks!

Visited August 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Raft Building at Craggan Outdoors”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We did the raft building course as part of a hen weekend. Everyone who took part really enjoyed both the raft building and the subsequent raft racing! The instructors were helpful and a good laugh and the facilities were excellent. Overall it was a fantastic experience!

Visited August 2012