The Shrewsbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fawlty Towers(Great Yarmouth)
View Hotel
The New Beach Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Troll Cart(Great Yarmouth)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Waverley Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
Prom Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
  • Breakfast included
Andover House Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
View Hotel
The Nelson Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
  • Breakfast included
Bay Carlton Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Corner House Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
View Hotel
The Star Hotel(Great Yarmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsguest houseb bsea frontfull englishhome from homeyogurtbeautiful roomstay there againtown centrefantastic staytea coffeecooked breakfastbiscuitsfantastic locationother guestsbreakfast was excellentcannot fault
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just returned from a weekend at the Shrewsbury. This is a lovely guest house, rooms are exceptionally clean, toiletries in bathrooms of good quality and breakfasts are fantastic. The owners Tony and Sandie are very friendly and accommodating and we were welcomed like old friends with a nice cup of tea! Tony collected and returned us to the train station and nothing seemed like too much trouble. There were a few 'returning' guests staying whilst we were there and we can see why. Thanks Tony and Sandie for a great weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kaz101
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just had the weekend at Shrewsbury,we were upgraded to the four poster suite.This room is brilliant,with its own lounge with two seater settee with flat screen tv,kettle and plenty of stuff for making our drinks,Then the bedroom with the four poster bed with television, ipod docking station and two seater chair in the window,both these rooms have wall mounted fans to keep you cool.Then the en-suit which is tiled from floor to ceiling and a walk in wardrobe is next to that.Everything was spotless and tastefully decorated.You even got dressing gowns which you dont normally get in the smaller guest house.The owners were really nice and friendly.The breakfast was fantastic,I couldnt wait for the next morning to come so I could eat it again.It was the nicest breakfast I have ever had in a guest house,its no surprise they have an award for it.Everthing was cooked to perfection (including the wifes black pudding).This place is in an ideal location with a short walk to the sea front and town center.Overall this place is perfect,and cant wait to go back again,but next time we are staying longer.Thankyou Tony and Sandie for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here at the end of August with my 2 boys and as it was my first trip as a single parent was very nervous!! Tony and Sandie put me at ease, nothing was too much trouble for them and they were always there to help giving me advice on local attractions where I could save money by mentioning where I was staying. After the 4 nights we were sad to leave as it is a real home-from-home experience. The food was all sourced locally and was delicious so we never went hungry!! The room was always lovely and clean, no mean feat with my 2 sons!! We will definetly go back and my parents visited and they were so impressed that they said they would go and stay aswell.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at the Shrewsury for the bank holiday just gone and it was as good as any guest house we have stayed in . Breakfast was fantastic , cooked exceptionally well and a great choice.
We went to yarmouth races on the Sunday and as Tony and Sandie were going they even gave us a lift there ..... now thats what i call service ! He does let himself down by being a Chelsea supporter but i was willing to forgive that ! They really couldnt do enough for you and I would stay there again in an instant !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have just returned home after staying for four nights at the Shrewsbury. This is the fifth year that we have stayed and we have already booked our next visit. Both Tony and Sandie are very friendly and have made us feel very welcome. The room is exceptionally comfartable, clean and the breakfast is excellent. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple