“Disappointing visit” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Carvery

Castle Carvery
Ranked #22 of 319 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Disappointing visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been to have a carvery here before but not for a while, so me and my partner thought we would check it out! When we got there it was absolutely packed, which was understandable due to it being bank holiday weekend but still was an annoyance. We walked in and had absolutely NO idea what we were suppose to do! Do we sit down and wait to be served? Do we go straight to the bar and order? What? There were no signs. Eventually we managed to catch the attention of a waitress who sent us to someone to seat us. She found us a two seater table squished between two massive families, as soon as she pointed to the table, we turned back around to ask her about what to do about ordering food as she was GONE! And we were left pondering. We managed to get a little more sense off the bar lady who still managed to confuse us with far too much information but we eventually ordered a carvery. After standing in a longer line then a waiting line for a roller coaster we were served where the Chef was incredibly rude to my partner! He purely was enquiring something about the food and he snapped back at him and to be honest we were a bit taken aback.
The overall carvery food wasn't really anything special. We weren't too impressed with the meat taste, with chewy beef and tasteless gammon, but the upside was the wide variety of stuff you could pick from. We didn't have a dessert but the looked wonderful when having a look at all the pies, cakes, sponges etc.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lolacheese1

Medway
“Fantastic Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

3 Adults, 2 Children and a baby in my party, visited on a Tuesday afternoon in mid August.
2 Course carvery with a free child meal was the real draw to visit, I have to say that the restaurant is well laid out, a little on the warm side due to a glass dome in the roof coupled with no air conditioning, the children's play area is handy if you want to have a leisurely meal and have children that do not want to sit about in a restaurant.
Between those in the party we had Beef, Gammon and Turkey, all were served in delicious thick moist slices (There is an option for a extra slice of meat and extra trimmings for £1.50 but this would have made the meal so huge I would not have finished it)
The veg was well cooked but lacked seasoning in my opinion.
The dessert included in the 2 course carvery was a decent size and rounded of a pleasant dinner.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited in August, around 5pm so just before the tea time rush. I had a carvery which was very nice, there was a huge selection of vegetables and I really liked the mashed swede and pepper! The Yorkshire Puddings were home made and very big - took up a lot of space on the plate! And i was allowed to help myself to chipolatas. I did not like the roast potatoes though.

My boyfriend had burger and chips which although ordered at the same time as my carvery took about 20 minutes to be served. I'm not grumbling, it was very nice according to my partner and at least we know it was freshly made.

I found the staff to be friendly and efficient, there was a lovely looking dessert counter but unfortunately we were too full to take advantage of it! We both said we would like to go back there again and thought the food prices were very reasonable.

There is also lots of parking and the inside of the restaurant was clean and in good order (i.e, not shabby and in need of decoration).

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Pleasant family Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We visited for sunday lunch while staying nearby. Car park was packed but luckily they still had tables. We bought 2 adult carveries and two kids meals. Food was tasty, fresh and hot. Carvery meat really tender. Service was good and fast despite having to fight for a position at the bar! Kids enjoyed time afterwards in the free out door play area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great all round experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Food was very nice from Calvery, loads of veg selections. Friendly and helpful staff. May go back later in week!