“Just Beautiful”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant with the owners of our guest house on our final night of the holiday and we were not disappointed with the service or the food. I had a rib eye steak which was so soft and succulent and the veg was just mouth watering and excellent value for money. My husband had the lamb kleftico and he said it was one of the best meals he's had. The lamb just crumbled from the bone and was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere is very romantic and welcoming, would highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Columbia Taverna

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love the Columbia. My favourite place to eat on special occasions.
Lovely place. Lovely wine lovely food.
Staff so helpful without being a pain.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had 2 meals here during our week stay in yarmouth .We found the staff very helpfull,the food great and felt we were back in Cyprus.Would recommend the meze,which we could not evan finish

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Perhaps not being a fan of Greek food colours my opinions on this one, but I think I'm being fair when I say that overall, this was an ordinary meal with ordinary service quality.
On arrival, we were greeted after standing around over 5mins - not a great start. The menu itself was pretty limited I would say and when the food arrived; presentation was a bit on the rough and ready side...
Trying to pay at the end of the night was a challenge - the card machine would not work and it took 15minutes to sort out.
Nothing about this experience was 'awful', but nothing was particularly good either.

3  Thank Jonathan B
Antonios P, Owner at Columbia Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Trip Advisor.

Firstly please accept our most sincere apologies for the wait you experienced to be greeted upon your arrival at Columbia Taverna & also the technical issue with our Credit Card machine - both unacceptable.

Secondly, having studied our menu options, we have 32 starter choices, 30 main course options - not including our Greek Meze, which gives you a mixture of 20 dishes, plus the option of 15 different side order options - all of the above locally sourced where possible.

Could I ask, in your opinion, what we could further add to the menu to make it less limited?

We're very keen to use your feedback to resolve any issues we have at Columbia Taverna, so any replies to the above question would be greatly appreciated.

We really hope your able to give us a second opportunity to visit us sometime in the future. Please do let me know if you do as we're really keen for you to experience the "REAL" Columbia experience.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Antonios @ Columbia Taverna

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I took my son and future daughter in law to the Columbia as they had recently returned from a holiday on a greek island and enjoyed the food. We have been numerous times before and have always had a delicious meal and this time was no different. We all enjoyed our different meals and the staff were very efficient and helpful as usual. Would highly recommend again to anyone looking for superb greek food in a lovely atmosphere.

1  Thank tina289