“Perfect”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Great Yarmouth
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love the Columbia. My favourite place to eat on special occasions.
Lovely place. Lovely wine lovely food.
Staff so helpful without being a pain.

• Visited September 2013

Northampton, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had 2 meals here during our week stay in yarmouth .We found the staff very helpfull,the food great and felt we were back in Cyprus.Would recommend the meze,which we could not evan finish

• Visited September 2013
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Ordinary food & Ordinary Service”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Perhaps not being a fan of Greek food colours my opinions on this one, but I think I'm being fair when I say that overall, this was an ordinary meal with ordinary service quality.
On arrival, we were greeted after standing around over 5mins - not a great start. The menu itself was pretty limited I would say and when the food arrived; presentation was a bit on the rough and ready side...
Trying to pay at the end of the night was a challenge - the card machine would not work and it took 15minutes to sort out.
Nothing about this experience was 'awful', but nothing was particularly good either.

3 Thank Jonathan B
Antonios P, Owner at Columbia Taverna, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Trip Advisor.

Firstly please accept our most sincere apologies for the wait you experienced to be greeted upon your arrival at Columbia Taverna & also the technical issue with our Credit Card machine - both unacceptable.

Secondly, having studied our menu options, we have 32 starter choices, 30 main course options - not including our Greek Meze, which gives you a mixture of 20 dishes, plus the option of 15 different side order options - all of the above locally sourced where possible.

Could I ask, in your opinion, what we could further add to the menu to make it less limited?

We're very keen to use your feedback to resolve any issues we have at Columbia Taverna, so any replies to the above question would be greatly appreciated.

We really hope your able to give us a second opportunity to visit us sometime in the future. Please do let me know if you do as we're really keen for you to experience the "REAL" Columbia experience.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Antonios @ Columbia Taverna
lowestoft
“great food again”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I took my son and future daughter in law to the Columbia as they had recently returned from a holiday on a greek island and enjoyed the food. We have been numerous times before and have always had a delicious meal and this time was no different. We all enjoyed our different meals and the staff were very efficient and helpful as usual. Would highly recommend again to anyone looking for superb greek food in a lovely atmosphere.

1 Thank tina289
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First time and will certainly be back, great food, service, staff and ambience. Feels like you are in Greece, now my number 1 restaurant. Food hot and full of flavour, great value for money

1 Thank SueGary2012