“YEEHAW! ... Just like been back home in the good old U S of A, This place is what's put the GREAT into YARMOUTH....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yankee Traveller

Yankee Traveller
Ranked #66 of 325 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

WOW where do I start, We booked to go here for my 50th birthday & glad we did book as it was packed, As soon as you walk through the door we were greeted by a gorgeous smiling lady who asked us for our name & see us to our table, While walking to the table we noticed lot's of American posters & memorabilia & good old American music playing in the back ground that really set the scene & there we were introduced us to our waitress for the evening who then gave us our menus & asked what drinks we would like,
It looked like everybody there was having a good time & all enjoying there food,
For starters I went for nachos el grande they were HUGE but I managed to finish them off with a lot of help from the rest of the family :-) my wife had the hot wings & all that come out of her mouth was"WOW THE BEST" lol also the good thing about them is thats the first time she was quiet all holiday ;-) The waitress kept popping past asking if everything was alright & handing me napkins lol I just nod to her cos my mouth was full everytime, she laughted.
For the main I went for the surf & turf & the wife had Texas combo & the lilttle one's had the kid's quarter pounder burger & one had chicken fingers I think they were, Well where do I start... It was HUGE & gorgeous mmm licking my lips, Have to hold my hands up I was struggling to finish it but the wife & I swapped & I tried some of hers & she tried mine & we got the job done in the end :-) Desserts...... I am a killer for something sweet, even though we were full to the brim I wasn't going to leave this place without trying one of there dessert, Crunchy fudge sundae BRING IT ON!!!! the waitress said would we like 2 spoons to share it lol she was right :-) Ooh I was glad we got it as it was yummy, The kids just wanted ice cream & I thought they swallowed the spoon the way they were licking it up lol What & fabulous place to eat, We were asked if we would like coffees or anything else & if everything was good, I must say the staff seemed to bend over backwards to make sure everything was as we wanted it, When we were pressented the bill the kids were given lollys what I thought was a nice touch, As for the price..... how does this place stay opened? talk about value for money, If I lived here this would definitely be once a week & all specal occasions place. Many thanks to you guys making our holiday special, Will be back YEE HAW ;-)

NOTE-- there is also another American diner next door to this place & we walked in there first thinking it was THE YANKEE TRAVELER & said we had made a reservation, I think it was the boss who looked at us as if we were stupid checked his book & seemed quite rude to us, We felt so silly walking out but I wouldnt mind the place was empty, I think that place next door & mcdonalds have the same manager..... a CLOWN!!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Richard W

Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“First visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at the yankee traveller and won't be the last. Lovely friendly atmosphere and great staff. Massive portion sizes and very well cooked and presented. Faultless in flavour and quality. Restaurant was spotlessly clean and lovely decor. . .came out feeling full and content. . . A great place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mark R
lincoln
“holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

anybody who likes lots of tex/mex food should go to this place big portions good quality and good service next time we are in the area we will be coming back

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank magnaLincoln
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Awful food and terrible service. In need of a visit from Gordon Ramsay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My first and last visit to the Yankee Traveller was for a meal on Father’s Day with my two year old daughter. I had rung ahead and booked a table. Upon arrival to the restaurant we had to wait for a table, and when taken to our table we were advised they didn’t have enough high chairs. Luckily another customer, who’s child was asleep offered us their highchair.

After an extremely long wait, our food arrived, luckily I had some fruit I was able to offer my daughter to keep her happy.

I found the burger to be over cooked, and drowned in blue cheese to the point it was sickening. The fries where greasy and flavourless.

Also there was only one person authorised to take bill payments, we had to wait for this person, who was rude and abrupt, the bill we were given was apparently incorrect, but they discovered this as we were leaving and demanded we make a further payment, the way we were treated was as if we had made the mistake.

My honest advice is to avoid this place, Fatso’s next door is far better and is value for money.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank nibloke2013
“Wonderful always visit here when we go to Great Yarmouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Always lovely, service is always friendly, despite bring very busy they found us some seats. The food was nice, the steaks are delicious. The cocktails are great. All round it's a pleasure to visit here on our trip to Great Yarmouth normally once a year :-)

• Visited August 2013