“The best curry in the world!”
Review of Planet Papadum

Planet Papadum
Ranked #125 of 347 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have been visiting Planet Papadum for years and have never found a better curry anywhere else. Located on the seafront, opposite the Sealife Centre

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very authentic food that almost matched with the Indian restaurants in India. Staff were polite and flexible.
I would have rated excellent but it can get too busy with very little space to move - again reminded me of my time in India. Authentic Indeed!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

While visiting Great Yarmouth on a Saturday evening we decided to try the 'planet papadum' as we fancied something different to the usual seafront foods. After climbing the couple of rather steep steps to enter the restaurant we were greeted by a smiling waiter and shown to a clean, well laid out table. We ordered the obligatory poppadoms with our drinks and were left to look through the menu. The waiter returned after a few minutes to take our orders. I ordered a lamb dish which was exclusive to that restaurant and my partner had a chicken dish, both with the usual accompaniments.

To cut a long story short, the food was absolutely exceptional with flavours we've never experienced in any indian restaurants before. The service was spot on too, not over the top or pushy, but also not left alone vying for there attention.

All in all a dining experience I would not hesitate to recommend, and, the prices were in line with other Indians.

Would we return? Cant wait to visit Great Yarmouth again!!!! A definite yes.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

On a recent trip to Great Yarmouth we really fancied a curry, after a quick search on the net Planet Papadum came up as a highly recommended place to enjoy one. I can say that it did not disappoint, the food was great and the portions were not overly massive as they usually are at curry house's. It wasn't very busy on the night but the staff didn't hover over us like flies, but were never to far away to attend us when needed.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have been a devotee of Planet Papadum (i am sure thats not how you spell it) for a number of years. The quality of the food is very very high and the service is nice - not over friendly or false but attentive and appropriate. Ultimately though its the excellent food which makes it a winner every time.
I cannot comment on the take away as we live too far away for that - but the eat in experience is the best i have found in the area.