“food”

Harry Ramsden's Great Yarmouth
Ranked #132 of 348 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Harry Ramsden's serve the same great quality fish and chips today that they have been since 1928. The brand was established 80 years ago, when Harry Ramsden opened his first takeaway store in a hut in Guiseley. His top-quality fish and chips brought people from near and far and it wasn't long before Harry's became the most famous fish and chip shop brand in the world. The fish is freshly prepared in Harry's kitchens daily and has that distinctive flavour revered the world over. The menu includes the world-famous battered fish with its closely guarded secret recipe, as well as an extensive choice of mouth-watering options and a fantastic children's menu, to satisfy all the family. There are 13 Harry's restaurants across the United Kingdom, from seaside locations such as Blackpool and Bournemouth to high street restaurants and Southampton city centres, so you're never far from a Harry's.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

greasy chips soggy batter but worst of all the fish tasted funny and smelled of amonia service was slow

5  Thank Julie S

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had the take away service from Harry Ramsdens. Although I have eaten here before the service I beleive is slowly getting worse, it might have been because it was out of season though, first although they were advertising all the food they do they didn't have what I wanted,then I had to wait for the chips to be cooked. In all I waited 10 minutes for my take away。 I actually didn't eat the chips as they were totally tasteless. I would visit again but I would go in season and not out of season.

3  Thank Teend213
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I would not recommend you make a special effort to visit or that you should stay away, Service, food and decor are all a bit dated but the prices are not. I would probably say all dishes are overpriced by £2 each. Look out for vouchers to make your visit value for money or look for the family deals.

2  Thank alan s
Reviewed December 13, 2012

cod and chips are lovely, fresh chips and cod flakes, they are not shy on the size either. we went with a few friends and we all had cod and chips, not bad priced and over looks the sea, up stairs and down stairs seating so plenty of room

1  Thank eddie c
Reviewed December 13, 2012

the place is shabby and old , it wouldnt cost that much for paint and a bit of carpet , however , the staff were friendly and inviting . looking at the menu it seemed quite expensive for fish and chips , then we looked at the pensioners menu , we chose this and were pleasantly suprised. it was good quality and adequate , the bread and butter pudding was to die for

1  Thank johnbatt1 b