Review Highlights
A very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed August 6, 2018
Jim S
Norwich, United Kingdom
Overnight weekend Stay with Friends

A Group of six of us came down for an Overnight stay to visit Casino etc. Small but Friendly... read more

Reviewed March 6, 2018
marie h
romford
via mobile

All reviews gaming tables great night black jack table prawn cocktail only criticism rump steak slot machines poker flutter play
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Did not have to be members to enter. Had a lovely couple of hours just playing Roulette. A bit of excitement rather than just sitting in the pub!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

My wife and myself had a great night. The staff were friendly and helpful. The Italian man who was dealing the cards on the Black Jack table was a credit to the establishment. His professional attitude and smartness was excellent. Okay, we never walked away with money but to see someone win £20,000+ it proves it can be done!! Will defiantly recommend to friends and family. Well done Grosvenor and thank you.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Whilst on holiday I became frustrated with the website's 'poker schedule' button bringing up slot games, so I phoned the contact number to inquire about poker tournament starting times.
I was stunned to be told this casino does not hold poker tournaments.
Surely this turns a casino into what Great Yarmouth already has an excess of, an Amusement Arcade!
What a waste of an enormous catchment area.
Shame on the management for missing such an opportunity.

1  Thank rodmassey
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Sadly run by Grosvenor Casinos, this does not compare with the other Casino, Kings, which used to be in the town. Have eaten here a couple of times and I don't rate it, on both times we had issues with service and food. Down stairs in the Casino its awful - smells of food which is being eaten at the tables, no one cares about anyone pushing people out of the way and so on, also very warm and toilets are disgusting sorry but doesn't get my vote which is such a shame.

1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

A Group of six of us came down for an Overnight stay to visit Casino etc.
Small but Friendly Staffed Casino. Unfortunate that Luck wasn’t with us this particular time but there’s always next time.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

We treat ourselves every now and again to a meal in the restaurant followed by an hour or two at the tables. Always end up satisfied from a great night out.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

The Grosvenor Casino in Great Yarmouth is located directly on the Marine Parade seafront in an impressive building, formerly the Shadingfield and next to the Masonic Lodge. It is an older classic building and retains a classic atmosphere. The impressive silver service restaurant is situated on the ground floor next to the bar and small television room. The poker tables are also on this floor. The gaming tables are located downstairs where there is also a small bar and toilets. There are also a number of FOBT gaming slot machines in this area. The casino is very well and profesionally run by a good team of friendly staff. I have visited here a number of times both formerly and casually and I can recommend this establishment and will visit again.

1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

The poker room is a bit tired looking in terms of decor and furnishings, and badly lit and gloomy.

No cash poker game was open on a Saturday night.

I can overlook the poker tournament being self dealt, despite the casino taking a commission at buy-in and again on re-buys, but to find 5 Jacks in the deck after an hour of tournament play is a joke! The adjacent table were missing the extra jack from our table!

Reminded me of when I started playing poker at my local pub rather than a casino. Okay for a poker fix if you need one desperately but nor somewhere I would regularly frequent. I understand many Yarmouth poker players regularly travel to Luton to play poker and understand why.

2  Thank GiveMeFive
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Stayed in Great Yarmouth for a couple of days. First evening we decided to have an evening meal at the casino. Husband had spicy chicken wings to start which were disappointing and not very spicy and the blue cheese sauce it came with was nasty. I had the prawn cocktail! Straight from the 70's and served in a plastic beaker which made it difficult to eat. Husband had a spicy prawn with noodles for main. 1 chilli on menu but was so spicy he couldn't eat it. I ordered the salmon nicoise, was ok but salmon was overlooked and dry. Best part of the meal was the side order of cheesy garlic bread. Would not eat here again and would not recommend the restaurant. Downstairs was the slots and tables, friendly atmosphere, small but functional. Drinks rather expensive in my experience. We went back for a second evening but did not use the restaurant and stuck to the free complimentary soft drinks. Dress code smart casual but got the impression that anything is acceptable as long as you are wearing clothes.

1  Thank Johndon120
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We found the Grosvenor after walking from the Northern end of Marine Road? We wanted stop for a drink sitting outside but Great Yarmouth has a lack of civilised establishments. Okay if you want burgers, chips or ice cream, but a glass of wine, well there are a couple of crumby looking pubs if you like that sort of thing. Great Yarmouth is great for families who enjoy, expensive rides, kebabs or blue ice creams but there is little for couples without kids. But we only came because we were visiting my son on holiday in a caravan park outside the area. So it was a pleasant surprise to find the Grosvenor, with tables in the garden where I had a lovely cold glass of wine and my husband ha G&T. We found our we didn't need to be members so we decided to return later for a meal in their lovely little restaurant. We received a pleasant welcome, the service was prompt and friendly. We found it to be very good value and they offer a very reasonable set menu too. But we both went for the A La Carte. We shared starters of tempura prawns and dipping bread with olives, followed bray rump steaks cooked to perfection. We had a quick flutter down in the gaming room too. A lovely evening. My only criticism was the problems the staff in the restaurant were experiencing with what seems to be a newly installed and flawed till system. However our query was resolved in a friendly manner.