“Excellent service, food and stay”

Andover House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Always a friendly welcoming, modern environment but comfortable. Food is to a really high standard, the hotel should have a higher star rating. Kris (the manager) has great customer service with recommendations etc. Rooms very comfortable, bathrooms little small but modern and everything very clean. Great to see a hotel in the area that is contemporary but keeps features in rooms where possible too. Well restored property close to town and seafront but just a few streets away from it all to be quiet enough to get a good sleep. Have recommended to colleagues and would stay for days off too.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper have a room on second floor away from restaurant and bar like any hote...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DeborahOsborne
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

When we renovated, nearly 6 years ago...we worked really hard to bring back as many original features that were hidden behind years of building work. Always delighted to hear guests mention how important this is to them. Such a beautiful building that needs a little mention here and there :-) Thank you for taking time to write about us.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed here for three weeks on business and was upgraded to a suite. I was greeted by Chris who took my heavy bags to my room-he was always checking if I was ok throughout my stay and provided first class customer service! The room was gorgeous-my own kitchen area and lounge made my stay so comfortable. I ordered room service most nights and the food was amazing,well presented and served quickly.

The hotel itself is
Beautifully decorated and it's hard to believe it's actually in yarmouth!! What makes this hotel is it's fantastic team-the staff couldn't have been more helpful to me and always found time for a quick chat :) little touches like umbrellas and de-icer at the front door when the weather was not so good just shows how this hotel goes the extra mile! Hope to return one day.

Tiffany

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank tiffanyn86

Hi Tiffany. Kris will be over the moon that you mentioned his name! We really do have a great team, each of them bringing something unique to the AH mix! When we have guests staying with us for a longer period of time like yourself, it is really important that they feel at home... hope you did and hope to see you return soon. p.s. Phil is pleased that someone mentioned his umbrellas and de-icer!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed 1 night in January which i expected to be quiet but the hotel said they only had a last minute cancellation. First impressions were good as a member of staff opened the door to welcome me. Check-in was simple. The rooms was clean and adequate in size, with good lighting. The price is very reasonable, but then again this is Great Yarmouth in winter not central London. There were signs that economies had been made- such as a tiny TV screen, cheap tissues, basic toiletries, very basic shower (electric). Given a choice i would have preferred to pay a little more to have better quality furnishings around the room, but for a single night it was fine. Public areas were comfy with bar and restaurant which I tried for lunch - the food was good. Breakfast is an amazing bargain and they had good coffee, better than i have had in some so called 5* hotels (although in the room it was instant).
Overall mixed feelings- lovely staff, borderline basic room, good value. Perhaps i should have tied a suite if these are offered with superior supplies and furnishings. Parking is in the street but the street seemed fairly quiet. The bathroom was clean but basic- the shower small and the water tended to jump from hot to cold too easily (weak flow from a simple electric heater on the wall). I wish them continued success as the staff could not have been more friendly- if they had proper walk in power showers, glass cups (instead of disposable plastic) etc then I would offer a rave review as others have, but i have to temper the review with some realism- if the staff had not been as nice or the food as good i would say it would be a 3* hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

WE ARE REALLY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE that we are only weeks away from having 46" televisions in the lounge and all of our bedrooms (2 with 39") with SKY Entertainment and Sports mix. We have also been in discussions with suppliers to upgrade our shower systems. This is one of our many goals for 2014.

We are a 3* Hotel and very much hope that we go above and beyond to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable. Since our family opened the doors 5 years ago, we continue to upgrade and enhance in both our bedrooms and the restaurant. We very much hope you will return to see the changes being made as the next 6-8 weeks will be very exciting times for us.

I will look into the tissues and cups in the shower rooms today, I like a new mid-week mission :-)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here whilst on business in the area as my colleague also stays here when he's in Great Yarmouth.

The hotel is situated on a pretty tree lined street full of houses dating back to the 1800's. Andover House is a fabulous double fronted property as 2 properties have been converted into one.

As you walk into the hotel, you first realise that the hotel has been lovingly converted to a fabulous contemporary standard. There is a lovely dining room, a contemporary bar area, a casual lounge area and a cosy snug area on the ground floor.

I was greeted by an extremely friendly member of staff who efficiently sorted out my reservation. I stayed in a single room as there weren't any doubles left and although the room was relatively small, it had a queen size bed,a dressing table and everything else that you needed. It was actually very cute. The towels were super fluffy! Additionally, there is Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel and it's free!

We ate in the restaurant for dinner and the food was excellent. The plates were hot and very well presented. The staff were very attentive and couldn't do enough for you.

Breakfast was served downstairs and I had the buffet style breakfast which was delicious; cereal; fresh orange juice; croissant and cream cheese with smoked salmon. There was also a good selection of hot food (including cooked breakfast, porridge and mackerel if you fancy that kind of start to the day).

All in all, the Andover House was a great place to stay for business but I would have been more than happy to have stayed here for personal reasons and would definitely recommend it if you're staying in or around Great Yarmouth.

I cannot speak highly enough of Andover House although there was one downside for me in that the pillows were just far too soft for my liking & for that reason I am downgrading the hotel on sleep quality (sorry!).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TandK02
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We are very grateful to you for taking time to write extensively about Andover House and our team. We think you have pretty much covered everything...even the street that we sit on, which we agree is worth mentioning as the buildings are beautiful.

Sadly, we could not please you on the pillow front. If you choose to stay with us again, we have another type of pillow for allergy sufferers which may suit you better. We hope to welcome you back soon if your in the area once again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Have just spent weekend at this hotel all the staff and owners are fantastic nothing is to much trouble the room we had was a suite which was great food was out of this world the choice is brilliant will return as soon as possible this hotel is great so you can just relax

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Glad you mentioned the word 'relax'! Our aim is to send every guest on their way feeling just that. Very much hope that you will return to AH again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Gt Yarmouth should be proud to have the Andover House the whole package is perfection we have just spent two nights there in room 1 thyme suite . Food,staff, owners and there family just the best if you wish for style you will not find better in this area we will be back. Thanks to you all at Andover House.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both! We very much hope you will return to us again...maybe for your next birthday, perhaps! Best wishes to you.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've just returned from a weekend in Great Yarmouth, It was a special time as I proposed to my future wife whilst there. I chose the Andover Hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and the good value for money the hotel offered.
I was not disappointed. The hotel was clean and tidy, the staff welcoming and helpful and most of all, I had requested a single rose and champagne in the room for our arrival, the room was immaculate and the champagne on ice, a single red rode on the comfy bed.
We chose to eat dinner in the restaurant that evening, the staff were wonderful, and the meal was fantastic.
The whole day was made all the more special thanks to the efforts of the staff at the hotel, nothing was too much trouble for them and we have never been made so welcome in a hotel before.They are a credit to the management and I will definitely be staying there again when we return in the summer. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: If your budget allows, book a suite
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
AndoverHouse, Owner at Andover House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

So pleased that everything went to plan for you both. There is nothing better for our team than helping out with a few little guest needs to make an occasion go to plan :-) We thoroughly look forward to welcoming you both back to Andover House soon. Best wishes to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Yarmouth
2 mi away
The Pier Hotel
The Pier Hotel
#2 of 4 in Gorleston-on-Sea

Been to Andover House Hotel? Share your experiences!