“A Great Family Holiday”

Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We arrived at Seashore on Monday 14th of July. Our first impressions were good. The reception staff were very welcoming. Just across the road from our caravan were play parks which provided hours of fun for children of all ages. We went to the Mash and Barrel for dinner and all the staff were welcoming and extremely friendly. We had a nice meal but the menu was quite limited and a little over priced. Other food outlets on the park are Papa John's and Burger King. The park is in a good location as it is only two or three miles away from town centre of Great Yarmouth. The park is only a stone's throw away from the beach which is ideal. The park is clean and well maintained. There is good swimming pool facility with outdoor flumes which were great fun. The fun works and the live lounge provided all the family with great entertainment. We all had a good family holiday and would go back again. We would highly recommend this park.

3  Thank gordon m
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Hi Gordon m
Thank you for the feedback received regarding your stay at Seashore Holiday Park.
It is great you received a warm welcome from our Holiday experience team. All team members provide the best customer service and are happy to assist throughout your stay ensuring a stress free one is experienced.
The facilities cater for all generations with new play area equipment provided this season which has received great reviews.
The Mash and Barrel restaurant offers a variety of choice along with our other food outlets Burger King and Papa John’s pizza. This is ideal as many of our Guests like to stay on park for the duration of their stay and with papa John’s offering a delivery service; it could not be more relaxing! I am sorry to hear you found the restaurant prices to be overpriced and limited .Nikki Turner our Restaurant Manager has added some great new items this season and offers competitive prices against local restaurants around the area.
The swimming pool has received some improvement this season with a beach hut theme throughout. The splash zone area is a must to enjoy on a hot sunny day with children and adults alike loving it!
The park is maintained to the highest standard by our wonderful team members across all departments. A special mention to our Wardens Colin and Kenny who patrol the park throughout the day ensuring we remain a clean litter free zone.
Beach access is available throughout the park and as you have mentioned is only a stone’s throw away which is ideal for having a stroll or a day out by the seaside. The town centre and seafront venues are also walking distance or if transport is required there is a land train that meets from the entrance of the park and a bus that operates from May to September. Timetables are available from our reception team.
It is fantastic to hear you would like to return to see us and that you recommend us to other families. If I am able to assist with any further bookings, please contact me direct at the park as it will be my pleasure to help you.

There are newer reviews for Seashore Holiday Park - Haven

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We've just returned from a Sat to Sat visit to Seashore.A typical Caravan park but this park has an extra edge with being so close to the beach. We couldn't fault the kids entertainment & Alex,who was brilliant with our Nearly 3yr old is an absolute credit to Haven.Our caravan was clean & what was expected in Jasmine which was very peaceful & very close to the beach.The Mash & Barrel was the normal pub grub food,Good service Efficient & Friendly..However the little things matter. A constant stream of local takeaway menus was annoying after a couple of days,all went in the trash, sticky tables in the Mash & Barrel when the place was empty.The swimming pool.Way too much chlorine.Stingy eyes for a day after which was not nice also,Weird times of closing.Why close in the middle of the day?Splash zone was great on the hot days.A lot of comments about the land train being expensive but as mentioned before in other posts, there is a local bus stop outside the park & its only a 30/45 min walk in to Yarmouth.But hey you're on Holiday you have to do it at least once..All in all a good site & we would consider returning.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shedkev
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hi shedkev
It is great you found the location ideal as we are situated close to the beach.
The entertainment team provide a fun filled schedule that is suitable for all generations with a variety of choice. Alex who you have personally mentioned is an asset to team Seashore and we were thrilled to be made aware Alex was returning this season.
The Mash and Barrel Restaurant team are very efficient and provide great customer service. I am very upset to hear that the tables had not been cleaned and were left sticky.Nikki Turner our Restaurant Manager follows up all reports and will certainly pass on your comments to her team to address.
I am sorry to hear you found the swimming pool chlorine levels to be high. I can confirm that after speaking to Howard Dickinson our Sports and Leisure Manager the chlorine levels are monitored every 2 hours. We follow a strict health and safety programme where if chlorine levels were exceeding the recommendations, we would certainly close the pool area until further notice. The pool is closed between 12.45pm and 2pm daily. This is due to the younger children’s activities taking place as the alternative would be to schedule after the pool closes when younger children may be ready for bedtime.
The land train is operated by an external company which is very popular with our Guest’s and Owners. This is particularly enjoyed by children as it makes the journey an adventure with sightseeing along the way.
It is fantastic you would consider returning to visit us. If you require any further information, please contact us direct at the park as it will be our pleasure to help.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

As the review says, this park is great for a beach holiday, we were 30 seconds away and meant we could take all the kids stuff with us without having to worry about car parking or car park charges.

The cans are quite basic (we had to be moved as the first was not up to standard) but they did this efficiently and without problems.

Entertainment is basic Haven fare, excellent for kids, although the arcade prizes (2p machines) were poor, perhaps the poorest Haven we have been in for this.

The swimming pool is also basic although as our kids can't swim yet this wasn't too much of a problem and they do have a fun outdoor area.

There is a helicopter service though (outside of the park and over which they have no control) which woke me up without fail at 7am each day.

1  Thank david r
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hi david r

Thank you for reviewing our park here at Seashore.
It is great that you were located nice and close to the beach which made the day out easier with the children .Leaving the car on site and not having to worry about parking is an added bonus.
I am very sorry that you it was required to move you to an alternative accommodation. Our accommodation Manager Denise Latter and team aim to meet the highest standards and it seems this was not met for your first location.
The entertainment is provided to accommodate all generations and the team have received some fantastic comments. The arcade is operated by an external company to whom I will certainly pass your comments too.
The swimming pool has seen some great improvements this season with a beach hut theme added to the changing room areas. This has received positive feedback from our returning Guests and first time visitors to our park.
We have contacted the helicopter base and I can confirm they are using an alternative route that does not operate over the park. It is unfortunate that you were woken up at 7am as I understand how important it is to enjoy a rest whilst enjoying your holiday.
I hope you will return to our park as I would like to ensure an enjoyable stay for you and am happy to assist with any requirements you have.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just had a weeks holiday here with my family . check in was great we got in the caravan at 12 o clock instead of 2 o clock and even had a phone call the next day to see how check in went which was nice . Our caravan was on jasmine which was a fair walk but was very quiet .The caravan was spotless and the park was clean and tidy throughout . My kids loved the funstars especially Alex and Martin but are a bit old for the seaside squad. My only complaint is that all the times changed in the entertainment guide from the friday as it was then classed as peak season and the bingo etc was on earlier than it stated in our guide .

3  Thank shellyharris78

Hi Shelleyharris78

Thank you for the brilliant 5* review of our Holiday park here at Seashore.
It is great that you were able to enter your accommodation before your allocated arrival time and that the holiday experience team made a courtesy call to you. We like to call our Guests to ensure a fantastic time is being had and if we are able to assist with anything at all, it is our pleasure to do so.
The park is maintained to the highest standard throughout with all team members offering their assistance to ensure this is adhered too.
The entertainments team are super and receive fantastic comments from our Guests and Owners. Alex and Martin will be thrilled with their personal comments which I have forwarded to their Manager Michelle Burns. I am sincerely sorry that the guide was not explained to you regarding the change as we enter peak season. I have spoken to our holiday experience team who are aware to provide all the correct information to our Guests relating the change over to the peak season guide.
I hope you continue to visit us here at Seashore Holiday Park and if I am able to assist in anyway, please contact me direct at the park.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Myself and my family own a caravan on this park and have done for the past 20 years the spar shop is expensive but to be honest that's most holiday places for you and there's lots of supermarkets near by we love Great Yarmouth and 20 yrs worth says it all I loved it when I was a child and now my children love it now in there teens and hopefully in time so will my grand children I've been going to the park since I was really young then we finally bought a van and here over 30 yrs on still enjoying it lots for the children to do it never gets boring happy days! Long live haven seashore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Dunbar34

Hi Dunbar34
Thank you for the fabulous 5* review of our park here at Seashore.
It is lovely to hear that you have been enjoying our park and Great Yarmouth itself for over 30 years.
Haven Seashore is the perfect destination for families and to hear you are now an owner goes to show we are succeeding in providing the best service possible.
I am sorry to hear that you find our spar shop to be expensive. Francis Harkin our spar shop Manager provides some great offers that include buy one get one free and discounts throughout. The instore bakery is a must to try with a variety of pastry options, freshly prepared sandwiches and baguettes.
I hope you continue to enjoy many happy years with us here at Seashore Holiday Park with fabulous memories to share with all your family.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have just returned from a weeks break here..again. If you refer to my previous review of the site you will see that we had our reservations about returning as it seems a bit pot luck how you get on but il save you the time of finding it yourself and draw you attention specifically to this part...

The staff when challenged worked hard to find a privately owned platinum grade caravan we could swap our booking too - at £200 more - this was to possibly, but not reservedly have a caravan with a better view and location - as long as the caravan is sold, moved or the owner staying In it.

The above refers to us having been quite annoyed at the caravan locations, specifically caravans which have a charming view of the bins or directly into another caravans windows. Anyway, as above we pushed the boat out to a platinum grade van (Oooooooo) and we were told there are only 3 of these on park. However I'm sad to say the latter part of my above comment transpired. Although the caravan we were originally allocated was apparently a platinum it really had nothing to Oooo about. Although in a nice location it was indeed privately owned and didn't we just know it! The place was adorned with the owners personally belongings. Fair enough. But when were talking glass units and tables with ornaments of little horses and the such decorating it suddenly becomes a mothers nightmare - I mean most parents with children under five will appreciate that little ornaments on glass tables simply means a headache. Anyway, it got worse - if haven consider top quality furnishings to be plastic chairs with cushions on and cut up squares of carpet then we seriously have different ideas of standards and quality (the owners had even kindly left their slippers tucked neatly by the side of the bed). Having decided we really were not happy with both the caravan and price we had paid (the additional price at that!) we went to complain. Well. Haven. Don't you handle complaints just perfectly. Not. We were told if we were not happy we could have a refund and leave. Charming eh? Did they want to look in the faces of my small children and explain to them that there mess up (which lets face it, who rents out a caravan which is effectively someone's home away from home) means they have to travel home? No. Didn't think so. In the end they found us another caravan, a downgrade in a different area of the park. So we got back the extra money we had paid and went to this van. Although privately owned again you wouldn't know it. The van was lovely and clean and the small personal touches added to it nicely (didn't take over!). We were at the back by the race course, which was ok. The children enjoyed watching the race that happened during out stay but we however did not enjoy the loud music blaring out from the course until 10pm that night - I will however acknowledge that this is obviously not havens fault. Because we had to downgrade (or go home) we now no longer had towels provided but reception did manage to get us some sorted - so at least that was some kinda positive.

The site was nice. You could see it had had work done to it and the little sand play area for the children was nice. We didn't use the pool area so can't comment. The spar was as usual, a bit pricey but not overly so. We used the mash and barrel once, for ice cream (in a character cup - a nice touch) and the young man who served me was lovely - although our use brief I can't criticise.

The entertainment. Well. Where do I start?! Firstly the arcade area and toilets are nice and clean and the staff helpful when I had to enquire about something. The bar area was again nice but got very busy and the queues very long. The entertainment, children's, is just dire. I honestly do not know how the "fun stars" and persons in characters can stand on stage and go along with an act while staring into a sea of children all with bemused and confused faces! A lot of the context went over my head! Let alone the children's. None the less they enjoyed it (?!). On the Sunday night we arrived for Rory's Pop Concert - we arrived at 6:30pm as the show was starting and we found a table, sent the kids to dance and my other half went for drinks. It took 6 minutes to get drinks and the show lasted just 7 minutes! You then have to wait for bingo for the next show - fine for older children but hard work and demanding when you have a 3 year old with no concept of time and waiting! I would also add I don't understand why the entertainment for children is so late. The time is probably fine for older children but a tots concert or similar late afternoon/evening would be much better and save parents of really small children the stress of watching them while older children run and spin about - it's none of the children's fault - they just want to have fun! But it seems impractical to have barely walking tots trying to boogie with pre teens tearing about giving it there all!

Overall we won't be going back. I can't say iv ruled haven out entirely - even though the only other site we visited had it's moments it was much better than this one - but certainly for us seashores is lacking any real buzz or feeling of being welcomed. Maybe because we got off to a bad start but I never really enjoyed being there this time. Were off to centre parcs two weeks today and I'm looking forward to being treated like a guest rather than a cash cow for a week. We have lodged a complaint for being mis sold (I really wish I'd taken pictures of the first caravan - how they sold that as platinum really is beyond me) but I expect the usually and general reply that you get from these companies and no real resolution.

3  Thank Jane T
Kirsty S, Guest Relations Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Hi JaneT

Thank you for the review of our park here at Seashore Holiday Park.
I am very sorry for the issues that were experienced during your stay with us and I would like to offer some feedback.
The Platinum accommodation you were allocated is a privately owned holiday home that we sublet for the owner. Some of our Owners add personal touches to their holiday homes which add to the home from home feel. Any reports that are made that this is not acceptable by our Guests we would certainly arrange to have them removed.
We have a variation of grades throughout the park and not a specific area for each grade. I am sorry the area was not ideal for you and that there was noise disturbance from the racecourse. Any reports that are made regarding noise disturbance are followed up and I can confirm there have been no other reports. There are different race times throughout the season and different events that take place. On the dates you were visiting us, I am able to confirm there was an evening race meet which was one of the busiest events being ladies night. We do have a list of all the race meets if you would prefer not to visit when they are taking place or we could add a request to your booking to be allocated in an alternative area.
The entertainment we offer is aimed towards all generations with a schedule prepared with variations throughout the week. The tots disco is scheduled at 6.30 pm as we understand parents with younger children may need to leave the venue and prepare the children for bedtime.
I am concerned that on reporting to reception you were told if you are not happy, leave the park and receive a refund. This is not how customer service should be portrayed and I have spoke to all team members informing them of the importance of our Guest experience. We value our Guests and Owners and I am sincerely apologetic that this service was not provided for you.
It is great you were happy with the accommodation located in the Gannet area. I understand this was a downgraded unit and a price difference refund was issued with your acceptance. The prestige is a grade below the Platinum, although still a very modern spacious accommodation. This unit does not include towels which I understand would have been inconvenient for you. I am very pleased the accommodation team supplied you with towels as this is one of the extras added on a platinum booking. If we are able to make your stay more enjoyable in anyway, all team members will go above and beyond to assist.
I understand you are feeling uncertain to whether you would return to our park again. I hope you will reconsider as I would love to offer the fantastic experience yourself and your family deserve.
If I am able to offer any further assistance, please contact me on 01493 851131.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Just had a Monday to Friday break here with the grandkids 4 and 6. Booked a standard plus van and offerred up grade to deluxe plus for £15. Extra bedroom. Good value. Van was well situated near the facilities. I askwed for this in advance because some are quite a long walk away.

The park is well laid out and well kept. There are lots of activities for the kids ranging from Archery to Crazy Golf, biking and pool activities. The pool area is big but lacks childrens slides - the big flume is only open at certain times and is only for older children. Staff were all polite and courteous. Kids loved the cartoon characters walking around especially Anxious the Elephant, though we never did find out what she was anxious about!!

The Live Lounge was a big hit at story time and character shows earlier on, we never made the adult acts, bit late for the kids.

The drinks were reasonable. There is a convenient beach easily walkable from the site. A rather expensive train £2 adults and £1.50 kids to take you the mile to Brittania Pier. There is a cheaper No 3 bus which accepted or midlands concessionary pass and didnt charge for the kids.

You never need to move off site though with plenty to keep you entertained. We didnt find the SPAR shop all that expensive despite some comments it was.

Would recommend and would return again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Stevegould9

Hi Stevegould9

It is great that you experienced a fabulous stay with us and that your Grand children enjoyed all the fun activities and events.
Any special requests that are made regarding location we aim to meet for our Guests. Although this is not guaranteed, we recommend informing us prior to arrival by contacting the park you are visiting.
The swimming pool slides are open at scheduled times due to the many activities that are in our guide. Monday’s and Friday’s the slides are closed throughout the day which has been in the time table from the start of the season and continues to be the same.
Nick Pretlove our Bar Manager keeps our drinks to the minimum price. There are some great discounts available throughout the livelounge and Restaurant with promotions and multibuy options.
The land train is operated by an external company and receives some super comments from our Guests on park. This is especially enjoyed by our Guests with children who find this a great way to experience the views whilst travelling along the seafront.
I am overjoyed to hear that with all the events we have on park you would be happy to stay on site and not need to venture off anywhere else, this is fab!The beach is in such close proximity ,it’s nice to have a little stroll or sunbathe with the weather we have been experiencing.
Francis Harkin our Spar shop Manager has some terrific offers and promotions which are competitive to local stores and supermarkets. This is very useful as not all of our Guests and owners have transport to leave the park and with the instore bakery and fresh produce this is an added bonus.
I am very happy you would like to return to us here at Seashore Holiday Park and that you would recommend us as a great holiday destination. This is great feedback to inform the team of and I thank you very much.
If I am able to assist you with any further information, please contact me direct at the park as it will be my pleasure to help you.