“Good for short break with young family”

Seashore Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend in April with a baby and a year old. We were upgraded to a caravan with heating. The van itself was lovely, modern and clean.
The park was reasonably small but felt nice and safe with the children. The entertainment bar was great for the little one and she loved it. One downfall was there wasn't an onsite chip shop and you've got to have seaside chips!!!
No other complaints with it. It's a good walk into Yarmouth but there is a land train. We liked Yarmouth, plenty of rides and arcades with other attractions if it rains. The beach would have been nice if I hadn't spotted glass and cans on it. Otherwise, it was miles of golden sands.
Would recomend this holiday

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lauram_8
Chantelle B, Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi Laura

Thank you for your review, I’m pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here and would recommend Seashore Holiday Park to others.

I definitely agree with you, chips are a must when visiting the seaside and we are looking at adding a chip shop in the future. I would like to advise Fish and Chips are available in the restaurant.

It’s fantastic to hear you enjoy Great Yarmouth and you had an enjoyable family holiday. I do hope this was memorable and we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Seashore holiday park is a must if you're thinking of holidaying in Gt Yarmouth. Great for families. New play area for the kids. Multisports pitch. Indoor play area. Two indoor pools. Outdoor splash zone (best in summer!). On park shop. Launderette. Funworks amusements. Livelounge. Burgerking. Papa johns pizza. Mash and barrel: bar, restaurant, etc. Hire shop. Loads more too. Great accomdation. Direct beach access. Lots of activities for kids of all ages. Night life for young and old. Loads to do on park. Off park. Walk into Gt Yarmouth, take the white road train or taxi and explore.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Clare C

Hi Clare

Thank you for choosing seashore for your 2013 holiday and taking the time to review our park.

It’s wonderful to read you used all our facilities and recommend us for any family looking to stay in the great Yarmouth area.

We hope to welcome you back to Seashore again in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were two adults and two children, staying at the Haven Seashore Caravan park at Easter 2013 (29th March to 1st April) the accommodation was a standard plus 2 bedroomed caravan located on the ‘Longshore’ part of the park.

Check in was very easy and the reception staff extremely friendly and helpful, the caravan itself was modern and completely self-contained, providing all the items you need for a self-catering holiday (oven, microwave, crockery and cutley), we opted to have the bed linen provided and all beds were made up on arrival. We were impressed with the ensuite toilet to the master bedroom and the heaters that were inset to each of the bedroom wardrobes, overall we found the caravan spacious for 2 adults and 2 children.

Our stay happened to be during an extremely cold spell and at various points snow was falling! We opted to being spare duvets, an electric blanket and a portable fan heater and we are very glad we did. The gas fire provided was more than adequate but the extra items we brought with us did help keep us cosy.

Our location on the park was far from the on-site shop but that was not an issue as we drove everywhere, the beach was literally 2 minutes away and had the weather been better this would have been perfect for some quick trips to play on the beach.

As others have said, all the main supermarket’s have a presence in great Yarmouth so if you’re driving it is no trouble to pop to them and stock your cupboards.

Overall, we found the site clean and tidy and had absolutely no issues, we didn’t use the swimming pool or the restaurants on site as we opted to go to either Great Yarmouth sea front or drive to Hemsby or Scratby which are only 15 minutes away by car. We recommend the Haven site for location as the main attractions are just down the road and other seaside towns a short drive away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Chantelle B, Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hi Charlie Brown

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this great review, it’s very pleasing to read such nice comments. It’s also lovely to read you not only enjoyed Seashore but you got the most out of the local area and what it has to offer. It’s great to read you would like to return please advise if you prefer to stay in the Longshore area to request this when rebooking.

If you would like to discuss anything please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the park seashoretripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed April 6, 2013

i would just like to say that i will be going to haven seashore again on august 2nd 2013..we went last year and year before..we travel in a large group which is around 32 of us..there is only a few negatives that i would like to address which is firstly on our 2nd trip which was last year 2012 august..we had asked if we could b abit more closer to the entertainment area as my mum who travels with us cant get about as easy n upon arrival realised we was right past the swimming pool n so resulted in my mum only comming out twice in the 7 night stay as it hurts her too much to walk so far..we couldnt hire the electric weelchair for her as it was too expensive..so that was abit disapointing..we also had my son who has problems with hes knee and also a cardiac child who cant walk too far n still was put quite far..also wen it came to late night disco the entertainment wud finsih around11.20 n the disco wud go on till 12..which was not really fair as we are on holiday and so wanted to party for a little bit longer..on 3 nights they finished entertainment and said its late night disco n played literally 4 songs..the place was still quite full with i would say just under half familys still there buying drinks and having fun..we did address a few nights the staff and was told that that there is nothing they can do about only playing 4 songs at disco time..its abit disappointing when you do all the family stuff all day and night till gon 11 and then when you want a bit of disco for the older generation its not on..moving on to accomadation ..the first year we stayed august 2011 we stayed in standard n to might delight wernt half as bad as i thought for what you pasy for you cant go wrong..the 2nd year 2012 we decided o upgrade to a superior and it was lovely..brand new caravan everything clean..the only disapointing factor is my caravan as you open the doors u face a hill to the dunes..no green or nothing for kids to play but caravan alone was excellent..we have upgraded again this year to a deluxe caravan and im hoping that wont disappoint me ..the park itself as a whole is very clean and we had sum nice meals at the mash and barrel..the lil shop onsite is overpriced but you kinda expect that when on holiday..would also be nice to have abit more entertainment during the day for kids that are free included in the price of the holiday..the staff are really friendly and the security staff are very helpful..as one night my sister and brother was outside smoking and my brother had an epileptic fit..and instead of judgin him they helped my sister with him which was really comforting..its a shame we cant and haven cant do anything about the weather but would b nice if each caravan that do no have heating in every room atleast get a spare heater for free in the caravans as caravans do tend to get very cold..also entertainment in the other bar needs to happen as there was a couple days we could not get seats in the main bar to watch entertainment and so had to sit in the other bar with nothing going on..bit annoying..if anything can b done i would suggest atleast have a proper disco and not just 4 songs lol my kids love it there and im sure will b going for many more years to come.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emmajane F

Hi Emma

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to review Seashore Holiday Park. It’s great to hear you come down as a group as large as 32. When we have a group booking we try our utmost to allocate all of the caravans as close as possible to each other which sometimes mean we cannot meet the area of your preference. If you are able to contact me with your future holiday details I can ensure at least one caravan is close to facilities to prevent disappointment.

I can only apologise that you felt the electric wheelchair hire was too expensive as this is a private company, I would like to advise you can hire a normal wheelchair for just £5.00 per day.

I am sorry that the Entertainment facilities did not exceed your expectations during your. I would like to advise the live lounge does indeed close when the room is no longer busy and this decision is made each night by the duty manager. I will pass this comment onto our Complex Manager to address with his team.

It’s fantastic to read you were happy with your accommodation on both visits. It’s unfortunate to hear however you were not happy with the surrounding area. Due to high demand and the size of the site we are unable to provide all caravans with a grassy area outside, however there are several green areas around the park for our guests to use. I would also like to advise we have been working with the local council and it has been approved to lower some of the dunes which started to take place during the winter months, you will be able to notice this on the Breakwater area when you next visit.

It is a shame we can’t do anything about the weather but I can tell you it’s glorious at the moment so fingers crossed its now here to stay. I’m sorry you feel the accommodation is too cold without additional heating. We will supply extra quilts to any guest that requests this and heaters are also available at the hire shop for a small charge. I would recommend booking the Deluxe plus accommodation to guarantee additional heating throughout.

I’m delighted to read you enjoyed your stay overall and managed to make the most of the facilities here at Seashore. Your comments concerning the security team are excellent I will be sure to pass this onto the team, I’m overjoyed they were such a help at such a difficult time.

If there is anything else you would like to discuss please don’t hesitate to contact me before your next visit. seashoretripadvisor@haven.com

Kind regards

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here for the easter weekend, luckily upgraded our accomodation to the Deluxe plus 2013 model which was brand new - lovely. Couldnt fault the accomodation apart from the boiler, the part where the flame was, was completley open which worried me slightly meaning anything could fall into there. Shop onsite was a little overpriced but all site shops like that are. Came in handy.
Didnt try the pool as my daughter was recovering from an operation judging by the reviews im really glad I didnt. Went to the mash and barrel for our morning breakfasts couldnt fault the waiting staff they were great really nice and friendly. Unfortunately on the sunday the chef or the guy who was behind the breakfast buffet bit didnt have a clue what he was doing and even admitted it had "been sprung on him". Even so breakfast was lovely. We did order a pizza to the van took an hour and a half and that was us ringing dead on 5pm when the delivery starts.
Entertainment like everyone said was a bit crazy! You had to get there for 6pm for any chance of getting a seat and table we have two young children who the first night were so disappointed as we didnt get a seat which meant no entertainment for them! I was particularly disappointed when on the 2nd night we went and bingo was on the haven rep kept saying she would not carry on until all children were silent im sorry but do the ADULTS bingo in another room completley out of order on the poor kids after all this is a family based holiday site and bingo at 6pm shouldnt realy be that serious. I did say this on my feedback but have just received an email not even acknowledging this. Bit disappointed Haven.

Room Tip: Upgrade in the cold weather
1  Thank Redonwhite
Chantelle B, Manager at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review Seashore Holiday Park.
It’s great to hear you and your family got the most out of your accommodation. I would like to assure you all boilers supplied from caravan manufacturers do have an opening in the front panel, this allows access to the ignition flame. They require a certain amount of oxygen to allow the flame to breath. I am sorry you felt this was unsafe, however this poses no health and safety hazard as they are inside a cupboard and out of reach of children.

I’m sorry you didn’t have the confidence to use the pool because of past reviews and you daughter having an operation, I hope that was successful and she is now well. I would like to assure you checks are made on a regular basis to ensure this is at the correct level.

I have spoken to Nicole, the restaurant manager and she would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding breakfast, Nicole was however disappointed to read your comments about the chef and would like to send her apologies and would like to assure you she will be speaking to the team member in question.

I have also spoken to Tom the Papa John’s Manager as I was concerned to read your Pizza took over an hour. Tom has assured me that all deliveries are logged and have never been longer than 20 minutes. I can only assume you used an external take away company which we have no control.

I’m sorry to read you were not happy with the way bingo is played. We have a large audience to cater for, not only do we have to supply entertainment for children but we also have to provide entertainment for adults which is why we provide bingo. We have to ask for the room to be quiet because if a claim is missed it would be very upsetting for the winner and we are not able to make any exceptions due to the strict regulations of the game. The Bingo playing time runs for half hour 6pm until 6.30pm every evening. I apologise if you felt it should be played at a different time but it is the same across all of our Haven parks. The children after that can run around, dance and make as much noise as they like as all the children's entertainment starts from 6.30 until 9pm.

I would lastly like to mention all comments we receive are logged and given to each individual manager to address with their teams.

If you would like to discuss any of the above points in more detail please don’t hesitate to contact me. seashoretripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Came here 1st-5th April 2013 and we loved it!

The holiday park was clean, modern, and equiped with everything we needed (shop,beach,food,amusments) and is only a 2 minute car ride from Great Yarmouth where theres lots to do for familys. The caravan we stayed in was only a standard plus due to the fact we have a dog, but was comfy, modern, and spacious; we also got built in heaters in the bedrooms what was quite handy since it was cold. The Mash and Barall had some very nice food and very polite staff, but it was a bit over priced for what we expected. The beach and sand dunes were good to walk the dog on, but not for swiming or building sand castles on because the sand was covered in pebbles and the waves were tall (5ft i think) but might of been because we visited when strong winds were forecast.

Would defenetly come back to Seashore in the future, and would defenetly reccomend this to familys who want a short break in Norfolk!

Stayed in caravan Herring 15 standard plus

1  Thank 11JHorne
Chantelle B, Owner at Seashore Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Wow!

What a breath a fresh air, I’m very excited to be able to share this with the team! Thank you for taking the time to review Seashore Holiday Park.

It’s great to hear you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please contact me if you need any information. seashoretripadvisor@haven.com

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday at Seashore with my husband and our children aged 4 & 1 and overall had a really nice holiday. The reception staff were very freindly and welcoming. They showed clearly on the map where our caravan was and checked if it was ready for us. The Caravan was very clean, everything worked, the shower was spacious and warm and the beds were comfortable, the only downside is we booked a Deluxe Caravan which does not have multi room heating so it was cold in every room apart from the lounge. If we book again we will definately book Prestige.

The onsite facilities were very good, we had a lovely meal at the Mash & Barrell, can't fault the service, the staff were very friendly and we were all happy with our food, the onsite Papa Johns takeaway was also very nice but thought the hour waiting time was abit too long. Our kids enjoyed the parks and we all enjoyed going swimming, the changing room was clean and the baby/kids pool was a great size, thought it was a little weird you have to walk through the pub to get to the swimming pool though... The hire shop has a great range at resonable prices and the onsite Spar shop is a little overpriced so i'd reccomend picking up your daily essentials like milk/bread....etc from Sainsburys or Asda if you venture into Yarmouth. Also be prepared to hear helicopters starting as early as 6am on some days, not so much of a problem if your kids are early risers but could be annoying if you want a lie in and be prepared to have a nice collection of menu's - in the week we were there we had 10 menu's delivered to the caravan and 4 of them were from the same takeaway outlet!

Recommendations are to definately eat at the Mash & Barrell and to book a Presitge caravan during cold weather.

2  Thank Emma D

Hi Emma,

I’m delighted to read overall you enjoyed your holiday here at Seashore. Your comments are fantastic and refreshing to read, I will pass this round to each individual department to share with their teams. We are currently seeking legal advice to keep the delivery drivers from the park to prevent this from happening, this park is public right of way therefore we cannot close the entrance and stop people from entering, however if seen leafleting around the park they are escorted off. We have injunctions against them to prevent them from littering our park. I apologise for the inconvenience this caused and I would like to assure you we are doing everything we can to keep them from the site.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further please contact me direct at seashoretripadvisor@haven.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Yarmouth
Hopton Holiday Park - Haven
Hopton Holiday Park - Haven
#1 of 33 in Great Yarmouth
Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park

Been to Seashore Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!