“Rudest staff I have ever met”

Knights Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a stay here and felt compelled to write a review to make other guests and the manager aware of how how rude the staff have been. Upon check out the girl at reception desk grunted and refused to make any eye contact whatsoever, I pointed out I was a paying guest and a little common courtesy would go along way, to which I was meant with a stones silence and a look that would kill. If that wasn't bad enough, by the time I had got to the rear of the car park to load my bags, I over heard a group of female staff that were huddled outside chain smoking and slagging me off and laughing about what had just happened at reception. When I confronted them, they gave me more abuse and shouted at me. I would not advise anybody stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank vickyspike

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have stayed here for 7 years my husband is 41 an has been staying at this hotel for years since he was 7 so has seen many people manage this hotel.
Last year was the first year we had stayed since the new owners had taken over and wasn't very satisfied with the service, but decided to give it another go this year as we appreciated that there may have been teething troubles!
How wrong we were the rooms have declined, we were told to turn the shower off as it was leaking into the kitchen, there was no water pressure and the shower head kept dropping down. My in laws were told there was no water as everyone was taking a shower. This is not acceptable in the hospitality business. We paid poor a room with a shower and was unable to use it despite complaints to management. Barry (or I nicknamed him lurched) made us feel very uncomfortable and not welcomed a do seemed to hover most of the time in the dining area. Kerry was the only friendly helpful person there and I suggest "lurch" and the other management take some tips from her on how to communicate with the customers and children.!

1  Thank Bex B
Reviewed August 22, 2013

When entering the Hotel its clear the owner keeps everything to a very high standard. The bedroom was spotless bedding and towels top quality. Breakfast was a delight. Did’nt have the evening meal but other quests said it was brilliant. All the staff had a smile and very helpful.
Rita Bates

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I chose the hotel for myself and my partner and our two children plus my parents who haven't been away for years due to my Dads health problems. I found the hotel on here and it looked very pretty and the rooms looked perfect. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely girl called Steph, who during our stay was cheerful and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her. The rooms were clean and comfortable and well stocked with tea and coffee. The breakfasts were very tasty and there was always plenty to choose from. My 1 year old was always provided with a high hair and again, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The bar was great and the courtyard just outside the bar was perfect to sit and have a cigarette. The evening meals were delicious, well cooked and presented beautifully. I would most certainly recommend Knights Court to anyone wishing to stay in Great Yarmouth. Thanks for a fabulous time and we shall be returning next year!

Room Tip: Room 25 is great for families with 2 children
Reviewed August 16, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just come back from a two night stay at this hotel, and there are mixed feelings about it. On arrival i was greeted by a young lady who was very pleasent (explained breakfast times, evening meal times and offered complimentry teas/coffees which we declined). The managers, we felt were not that great at being 'managers'. The man was constantly rushing around and making us feel uneasy and made us feel rushed, whilst the lady was not. There was also a young waitress on as well, and even though most of the work was done by her, she was always smiling and nothing was too much trouble! The way she spoke about the owners as 'Being like second parents' shows this is a lovely establishment to work in. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard, and the young girls, (Kerry and i didn't catch the other girls name) was also always smiling. So whilst the managers made us feel a little uneasy the waitress and housekeeping girls made up for this. The breakfast food was very good! Nice large portions, (don't see that very often nowadays) and a very large variety! We will be coming back to this hotel when we are in the area, because overall, it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank v m
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After making a mistake by turning up a t the wrong hotel, the staff and owner at Knights court went out of their way to accommodate us and make us feel as comfortable as possible. We were very impressed by their helpfulness and willingness to help us sort out Our situation despite the fact we were not staying at their hotel!
Many thanks to the staff - we will defiantly stay at Knights Court next time we are in Yarmouth.