“Fantastic”

Knights Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had a lovely stay at Knights Court Hotel, staff was lovely mainly reception. There's a young girl working on reception couldn't of been more helpful.Very Pleased with her. Food was great, room was clean. Could do with a little updating like the bar area but apart from that Fantastic.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We read earlier reviews and tried to book this hotel, however we did not appreciate the rude telephone manner of a lady we presume was the owner and decided not to book here and went elsewhere. It is a great shame in this day and age when customer service is king that some owners of this type of accommodation feel they can be impolite and get away with it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ColonelMonty
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed a number of times at this hotel and everytime is has been a good stay the motel rooms at the back are very quite and secure parking next to them. Very good for business men like myself very comfy and clean with everything in the room you would need.
The Hotel has very good staff who give great service and food is good too. it has a nice comfy bar area to relax in with a good selection of beers and wines.
With ref : To a few of the other comments on the reviews on Barry the owner yes i agree he can be a bit sharp, but I think thats just his way. He dose not suffer fools and is a straight talking guy but i would not say rude and cold. He just calls things as they are ! no frills fairy flowers with him it is.it is !. I will be defernatly be staying again next time I am in the area working. as the hotel ticks all the box,s for me.

Room Tip: As I say I can only review the motel rooms as these are the ones I staying in
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for a 4 day break in September 2012-10-02

All the staff where lovely, very friendly, and where very good at what they do.
The room we stayed in was top notch and I could not say a bad word about .

The food was amazing as they serve food from all over the world! Our breakfast was really nice and was served hot and quick.

However … “BARRY” who I assume was the hotel owner/ manager spoilt our stay as he was very rude to us! He has no customer service skills and the way he speaks to his members of staff and the paying guests is unacceptable.

I would defiantly NOT recommend anybody staying in this hotel during a busy period because the pressure and stress CLEARLY get to management.

Room Tip: Room 17 was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adam R
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I explained I was disabled and they showed me a chalet at rear of hotel which was ideal as I could drive my scooter to the room.The staff were very helpful helping me in the dining room.
The full english breakfast was freshly cooked and excellent.

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin so go for chalet 1 or 6. Unable to comment on hotel rooms as they would have...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were shocked to find out that new owners had taken over. We had a cold arrival from the owners they are curt and very rude. Considering we are putting money in your pockets, a bit of politeness wouldn't go far. I praise the staff that clearly work hard and I really feel for you working with such rude, ignorant people. If I were you I would find yourselves other jobs and move on, where you will be appreciated for your hard work. I have heard the way they are spoken to I do believe a young girl was called "a silly little girl" and I overheard the owners Barry and Sandra shouting and moaning about guests too. Is this really how you want to run a glorified B&B? The room we stayed in was shabby and needed decorating and I most certainly will not be returning.
All in all a very distasteful hotel, I would rather stay in a travel lodge style accommodation; at least then we wouldn't over hear staff being verbally attacked.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank baileyandjosie
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for value for money and a good location for all that Great Yarmouth has to offer with clean rooms plus a tasty breakfast then this one is for you.Stay here for the same price as a travelodge but with much more creature comfort , you won't find better at the price.Our only gripe was the shortage of parking spaces but the hotel was full and street parking overnight is plentiful and free.The bed was hard but nonetheless we slept well after some days out in the beautiful weather
we enjoyed during our stay.We'll be back soon.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple