“great stay”

Ranked #50 of 98 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Barwell, United Kingdom
“great stay”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

our stay at seashells was excellent every thing sue did was great only one dissapointment was that sue could not control the weather she said she would work on this ha ha will deffinately be staying again soon thanks sue. Gill Tony & Erica

Room Tip: all rooms are great we had two but saw the others
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A very comfortable and friendly b and b,wonderful breakfast in a very homely dining room full of interesting things! Sue couldnt of been more helpful even when our dog corral locked herself into the bedroom whilst we were at breakfast !! Sorry again ! We would definetly come back to seashells.

• Stayed February 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I have just stayed at the seashells we stayed from 04-02-13 to 08-02-13, not the best time time of year , we had extended a break of coach trip so we could stay here, Sue is very, very welcoming, the dogs are great, room was really comfartable and had all we needed, very, very relaxing, food excellent

Room Tip: I had forgotten you can have such a good time in this country, will be going again next year for sur...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Royston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a lovely time staying at seashells, the breakfast was excellent with a good variety of options available.
Poppy room was very clean and comfortable, we really liked the little extras like the sweets, coffees etc..
Sue was a really fantastic and chatty lady who really couldn't do enough for us.
will definitely be going back

apologies didn't mean to rate the swimming pool or fitness center as there isn't one !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaneFriggieri
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

On arrival we were asked for the car reg number for the parking permit, my fiancee has recently changed his car and we were a little unsure of some of the digits on the reg plate and this didn't suit Sue who seemed very impatient and annoyed that we didn't know. The room was dusty and I found Christmas cards on the shelf, that I presume were left from a guest as they were unopened, so must have been a while since room had had a good dusting. I do like the extras Sue leaves in the room, little sewing kit, umbrella, chocolates and wine glasses, makes for a nice touch. However, after a great night out in town we decided we would have a lay in and not go down for breakfast. Check out is 11 am. At 10.15 am sue was hammering on the door telling us to get up as she wanted to take dogs out! So I replied we would shower and pack and be out on time. Then at 10.40 am Sue was back, this time really banging hard on the door, literally yelling at us to get out as she needed to take dogs out! I couldn't believe how rude she was. My fiancee was then getting dressed and we hurried along to get out whilst Sue was talking very loudly to her dogs, repeatedly saying ' It's OK these people will be gone in a minute and then we can go out.' I think this is very rude, Sue snatched the key from my hand as we left. We had paid to stay until 11 am. I felt like a criminal being kicked out like that. I will never go back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
17 Thank Pippin E
dodzy59, Owner at Seashells Guest House, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
After reading your review, i felt i had to respond.
I never get annoyed at people not knowing their car reg no, If guests do not know it i always give them the parking permit and a pen to write it themselves.
If the room was dusty then i am sorry.
I hold my hands up to the Christmas cards, My Son and his girlfriend stayed it that room over Christmas and he put the cards in my little box with the extra's in it and did not tell me, I did not check the box when he went home and you was the first guests to use the room after the Christmas period, I did find them after you left. I should have checked so i am sorry about the cards.
Checking out time is 10am not 11am and is is stated in all the bedrooms on the back of each door. When you arrived i gave you a parking permit and told you it would be valid until 11am the next day but did state that checking out time was 10am so i think the mix up is because of the time on the permit. I did not hammer on your door but yes i did knock to tell you that checking out was 10am and you still took another 35 min to leave so yes i did come back upstaires but again i only knocked on the door and i did not yell at all, i asked you to leave as i had to take my dogs out and youre right i did tell my dogs that i was waiting for you to leave not that they understood me they just wanted a wee. You did not pay any extra to stay until 11am and i have never snatched keys from any customer.
london
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Returned to Seashells for our 2nd stay this year. In the K9 room again, nice small bed for our dog to sleep on too. For the price, this B&B can't be faulted. Excellent breakfast, and warm welcome from Sue. Will definitely be back again in 2013. Would recommend to anyone looking for an "old style" seaside holiday

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My first time here,(3rd for the wife) definitely not the last. Friendly, warm and welcoming, would reccommend this to anyone! Good value for money, nothing too much trouble. Good location, easy walking distance to town centre, shops etc. (The full English breakfast cost me the loss of a shirt button, I was so full)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ray p
dodzy59, Owner at Seashells Guest House, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
i am so pleased you enjoyed your stay as much as your wife has, I look forward to seeing you both again in the near future.