“Great Fun”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Cherry Tree Holiday Park
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This camp was so good for our 2 grandsons. Great fun was had by all. Lovely swimming pools. Food good as well. The two boys were able to wander at will as we felt they were safe. They loved the slot machines.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cilla C

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having recently stayed here, we were amazed at how clean both the site and caravan were as we had a dog caravan aswell. The staff were excellent and very friendly/ helpful. The only drawback was the road was closed outside the park due to water works being carried out so there was no bus from outside the park. Everywhere was flat and easy walking. Amazing place, would recommend this to everyone!!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Good park, clean and well presented. Caravan spacious and well featured. Facilities good. Makes an ideal base for a break. Gt. Yarmouth, Gorleston, Potter Heigham not far away. No problems here. Just one issue - trying to make small talk with the barstaff was like trying to ignite helium. Apart from that, I strongly recommend this park.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a great time at Cherry tree, a few teething problems to start with but soon sorted by the great staff that work there. Stayed in a Hemsby caravan which had a en suite in the main bedroom, very handy when 7 people sharing a van.
The evening entertainment was very good more than I expected out of season. The entertainment staff were fantastic, work so hard everyday they deserve medals and as for Sid and Lizzie the Grandsons adored them must admit think us adults did too : )

3  Thank Chris616264
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day break at Parkdean - cherry tree and I have got to say what a nice clean well run site. We stayed in a Gorleston caravan which was spotless, comfortable beds, touch central heating, Big flat screen TV with DVD player. Only gripe would be that the seating area in the living room was quite hard and a bit uncomfortable. The clubhouse was clean and the food in the Coast bar was very good and surprisingly for a holiday park the beer was good also.The entertainment was what you can expect from a holiday park but the staff really tried to put on a show, which might have been difficult as some nights in the clubhouse there were only 15 - 20 people. On site shop was okay and stocked everything you need at a little extra cost. My advice is that there is a Tesco and an Aldi within 5 minutes drive so we went there to stock up. Cannot comment on the pool as we did not use it but it looked okay. Great Yarmouth is about a 5 - 10 minute drive away and is also very clean, full of bars and restaurants and loads for kids to do. Arcades, Crazy Golf, The Pleasure Beach what a fantastic place. Would I go back to Cherry Tree again, yes I would. Well run site and I think I have only touched the tip of exploring the area. Well done Parkdean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank corrientes2010
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've just returned from 3 nights at cherry tree and were pleasantly surprised. My husband is a snob and refuses to do caravan holidays so I booked without him knowing. However, he was quite impressed. We booked a new 'top of the range' 2 bed and it was lovely. Immaculate inside, everything we needed, our 3 year old twins loved it. Indoor pool was great as was the soft play and park. Very well equipped shop, restaurant was good value and a good choice. I can't knock it for value for money. The only little thing I would say is, if you have children that are light sleepers, ask for a caravan away from the centre. I didn't think we were that near but the music on Saturday night was very loud and in the summer, if you had windows open, would be difficult to sleep. Gorleston itself is a strange place, beach is amazing and nice kids park but not much else. Great Yarmouth was a surprise and not what I expected. Lovely beach, lots for the kids to do and very clean. Worth a trip. Would definitely recommend cherry tree.

6  Thank HarryDogNottingham
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The first stay at Cherry Tree was quite pleasant, nice caravan, on the smaller side but the bathroom doubled up as en suite and we had heating so we were quite happy. 2 minor things at the time now stand out, 1- we had to chase our linen twice. 2- on the surface it looked clean but I dripped water on the kitchen floor within minutes or being there, and used tissue paper to wipe it up, the tissue was filthy! I called reception who were quick to pop over, the lady was lovely and arranged a cleaner to come back and mop properly. Someone did come back as promised and it was cleaned properly, they also brought washing up liquid and sponge for us as I'd mentioned we hadn't got any yet.

The second time we booked a 'Filby' which didn't have central heating but they were newer 2012 models so expected a nice up to date van.
This time we had bought our own linen even though it was meant to be included, on arrival though there was no sign of the linen so I expect we would have been chasing it all over again. The van was tucked at the end a row under some trees which made it dark and cold. It was by no means welcoming. On the way to the shop we stopped at reception where I asked if this was in fact a 'new van' I got a roll of the eyes and 'yes, I can assure you they are' and not even a hint interest when I said it had already got mold on the bedroom walls.
We suffered it for one night, gave in and upgraded for £10 - the best £10 I ever spent. Even without the heating it was so warm just because it wasn't dumped under some trees. It may have been private because it was furnished nicely and generally more comfortable. The experience was totally transformed just by having somewhere pleasant to come back to. I couldn't believe the difference of £10. Later on we realised in our haste to swap caravans we had forgotten a few bits I'd put away in the small kitchen cupboard. We called reception and with a huff (mentioned in someone else's earlier review) we got told it hadn't been cleaned yet so we could get back in to retrieve our bits, when my partner went to get the key the First Lady was nice and got the key from the 'eye roller' who made some comment, tutted and once again rolled her eyes. OK so not ideal to have campers change rooms but you made an extra bit of money from an upgrade and it really wasn't that hard to swap some keys around to warrant a series of huffs and blatant annoyance was there?!
Initially I thought cherry tree was a good find but seeing as we've had more issues in those 2 stays than in total of all other caravan holidays we won't be returning. That said, if we'd have had the nice caravan straight off and 'eye roller' had a day off our experience would have been perfectly fine so we may have just been unlucky twice in a row....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
#44 of 99 in Great Yarmouth
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth
#16 of 21 in Great Yarmouth

Been to Cherry Tree Holiday Park? Share your experiences!