All reviews sea front night entertainment coach trip two night stay a sea view room full english friendly hotel town centre a lovely stay short break leigh pier
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful room only 80 pounds for 2 for 2nights.Room was basic but comfortable and warm, breakfast was okay, service good 1st morning breakfast but poor 2nd morning breakfast. Room had a balcony over looking running track, peaceful stay.lift to all floors. Does have a bar.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2019

I booked two nights at the Sea Princess, through booking.com a Sea view room.
We were given the keys to room 10.. As soon as we opened the door it smelt of stale smoke
there were stains on the wall, the carpet was stained, hairs on the bed linen, before even entering the bathroom.
The shower tray was filthy, and the soap dish holder hanging off the wall.
This accomodation is not being maintained to any sort of standard.
We made the mistake of not taking any photographic evidence as we wanted to leave immediately and hand the keys back. A really awful experience, I totally AGREE with the other BAD reviews on here.
After several phone calls to booking.com, and my husbands request to gain access to the room the next day (to gain photographic evidence as suggested by booking.com) was as expected declined by the Manager. We finally received only £40 refund out of £160 .

Room tip: Simply don't book this hotel!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine S
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We thought we would go to Yarmouth for the weekend for my husbands birthday. We booked into the Sea Princess which was on the sea front, we thought it would be fine especially on the sea front. We were very disappointed with the room, the window was full of mould, also falling apart, my husband picked up the pillow and there was chewing gum and some hair on it, it was awful. The bathroom was also disgusting as well, I said to my husband I am not stopping here, so we went back down and reported all this to the receptionist. As we left I took another picture as you can see below that the front door was falling apart, I advise you not to stay at this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank tracyl591
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

The hotel commands an excellent position. I Drove straight up to the front door and parked up.. Not many hotels have this luxury. A lift also a bonus. Staff very friendly and can't do enough for you. Warm room and clean bed linen and towels. Breakfast was nice and cooked well, unlike the horrible cold one that I got at Thetford Wetherspoons on the way down.Yes the place does need doing up, but it is a wonderful old building and the staff try so hard. We enjoyed our stay and for the price we paid I'd go back again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We were quite worried about the stay having read some of the reviews, but everything was great.

We'd booked a double and single room which was upgraded to a family and twin room.

The rooms themselves were nice and spacious. Beds were comfortable and clean. Shower was very good and powerful. Full english breakfast was lovely. For the price we paid it was excellent value.

Only slight negative was that radiator had been on so room was very warm and one room had a drain below.

Would visit again.