All reviewshadleigh gablessea fronttwo night staycoach tripfull english breakfastbreakfast was excellentpierpaul
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We arrived slightly early so went back to check in just after 2 o'clock which we were prepared for. Andy on the front desk is amazing he explained everything on arrival regarding the front door and breakfast times, parking etc. Parking can be a little difficult as there are not many spaces but that is not unusual for some of the hotels along the front that we have been to. If you drive further up the road parking meters finish and there is free parking. Rooms : We had clean linen and towels. There was a kettle with tea bags and coffee if required . Small flat screen tv on the wall. Now the rooms definitely could do with money being spent on refurbishing them as they have seen far better days. You had a choices of cereal, fruits and fried breakfast. Orange juice, tea and coffee. Again we found it to be Andy in the kitchen, he does it all. Plenty of staff to attend to you at breakfast time.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Totally disgusted with the state of the hotel.
There is no privacy in the bath room as the hotel room opposite can see in. Bathroom unfit as panel broken and trims as come awa from bath. Bare wires coming out of the floor and as to security. The door lock is cheap and nasty and the door is not even a fire door. Got full refund and manage to find another hotel which cares about there guest. My recommendation is NOT to stay at The Sea Princess in Gt Yarmouth.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
6  Thank LondonBusSpotter1
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Where to start?!
To say this hotel is not fit for purpose is an understatement, in fact to class itself as a hotel beggars belief! How they can charge £85 is a disgrace!

I stayed here for 1 night with my wife and my 8 month old son and if we haven’t all caught something from the dirt and grime in our room it will be a miracle.. I still don’t know why we didn’t just walk out and go somewhere else (non refundable booking) will ever make that mistake again!

The parking is a farce, if you can get a space ( although they do advertise free parking) which we did manage to do.. we were told! not asked that we would have to hand over our car keys so the receptionist could move our car, because no matter where you parked you would be blocking someone in. I simply said I wasn’t happy about this in case of any damage to my car or anyone else’s, plus he wasn’t insured to drive my car. The reply was it’s hotel policy, I’m not going to take it for a joy ride you know, plus it’s not like it’s a Porsche or Lamborghini is it!

The room itself was supposed to be a Superior Double with Balcony, well I’m fairly sure Trading Standards would have something to say about that description!
The carpet was absolutely disgusting I mean foul! You would not walk bare feet on the carpet never mind let my baby son crawl on it!
The wardrobe looked like it would fall over if you touched it, the sink was badly stained a dirty. The shower was mouldy and badly stained, there was mound on the walls of the room!
The tv although it did work was the size of iPhone ( slighty stretching the truth ) but hey so did their description of the room when booked it!

On returning to the hotel after being out on the Saturday we went to use the lift and shock horror it didn’t work. So we are now carrying and buggy up 3 flights of stairs because nobody was on reception to report the problem to.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was luke warm, it arrived far to quickly to be freshly cooked. We had to use the high chair for my son and well it had about 3 decades of grime on it. The staff who served breakfast were friendly enough but they are just fighting a losing battle.

The place needs to be Shut Down , it’s dated and hellishly dirty, I’ve no idea how they have passed any hygiene requirements to be able serve the general public!

I can’t believe that any of the positive reviews that the hotel has received are real, they must be fake.. I’m not being unreasonable here when I say this place was a a health hazard and is unfit for purpose

We are currently trying to get some sort of compensation through booking.com because they shouldn’t be advertising this hotel on their website certainly not for the prices they are asking! Camping on the beach or staying in a local bus shelter would have a been a better alternative and definitely cleaner!

Rant over, I thank you

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Lewse14
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I booked The Sea Princess as a last minute booking. We arrived at 10pm to the warmest of welcomes at check in. I had booked a room with a double bed and without asking was upgraded to a family room. The room was very spacious and very clean with everything we needed. My Son and I had a great night’s rest in very comfortable beds. In the morning we were once again greeted in a warm and friendly manner. In the dining room we were met with friendly and efficient staff. There was a good selection for breakfast and the cooked order was brought out promptly with a smile. Thank you The Sea Princess for a lovely stay. We will be back and I will be recommending you.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank victoriaflanagan
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel with only a weeks notice, which I think is why it cost us £85. We chose this hotel as it was in an ideal location for us.

When we arrived to check in, we asked where the free parking was, and was told we could try to squeeze the car into their bit of land but we’d have to block in another person, and we then may be blocked in ourself - which obviously isn’t ideal so we had to then pay to park on the road!

Checked in, and the guy on reception was very friendly and welcoming. Went up to our room and straight away was very disappointed, we’d booked a ‘superior double’ and there was definitely noting superior about it. It had a very small double bed in it, and I’ve cooked pancakes thicker than the pillows that we were given! The bathroom was very old, and you could barely move in the shower it was that small!

We went and spoke to the guy at reception, who was very apologetic, but I think he must have so many complaints that he no longer cares. He told us that our room is superior to the others, so I’d hate to think what the others were like.

As we were getting ready to go out for the evening, at about 5pm music started to be played in the bar area downstairs, but you could hear it throughout the whole hotel which also vibrates through the floorboards. We assumed this would stop by 12, so thought it wouldn’t be a problem. We got back from our evening out, and the music went on until home 2am! This was then accompanied by shouting and fighting out the front of the hotel (right below our window), which we believe was actually some staff members!

We were very hesitant to go to breakfast, but we thought because we’d paid for it we may aswell go and see. Breakfast was actually alright, the ladies working were nice, a pretty standard full English, but we went expecting much more.

Overall I wouldn’t pay any more than £20 to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple