Ours was a 5 day stay for the Christmas break 2013. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in all the 75 years of my life. The food was obviously from the basics range of a nearby supermarket and served up without any imagination whatsoever. The table for Christmas dinner lacked any sort of festive dressing and could have been a table at any roadside cafe at any time of year. The dinner itself consisted of two potatoes that were boiled or roasted, I couldn't tell, two slices of turkey and something that may have been stuffing,a hand full of of brussel sprouts,some diced boiled parsnips,half a small sausage with bacon round it and a small yorkshire that was so hard it was it wasn't worth the effort, most if not all came from a budget range of frozen food and was poorly prepared. Before the meal ended we walked out and went to a nearby pub for a proper meal and dined there for the rest of our stay. Unfortunately we were there with a coach party and couldn't go home.I had paid £80 pounds extra to upgrade our room and were given room 24, a cramped tired room with the wash basin in the bedroom the shower in what at first I took to be a broom cupboard and the toilet in a room facing the beach with no curtains. How they got a fire certificate I just don't know,I couldn't see any fire precaution notices and the corridors are like a rabbit warren.In conclusion, a few words of advice, Abandon hope all ye who have booked at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are assured of a warm welcome at this sea front hotel. Family run, we have 40 bedrooms all en-suite 4 of them have disabled friendly wet room showers and balconies overlooking wellesley park. We can cater for coach parties or individuals. Special diets etc. with at least 4 nights live entertainment you dont have to go far to enjoy yourselves. We have a new lift to all floors please give us a try. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Sea Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hadleigh Gables Great Yarmouth
- The Sea Princess Great Yarmouth, Norfolk