I used this seaside hotel for an open-ended trip during the off-season (February).
After telephoning this hotel on a Monday afternoon I was told that they had several rooms available at a rate of £40 and it would be OK to just turn up and book one. On arrival three hours later the somewhat frosty evening receptionist said that they do not have rooms at this rate and that they would not be able to offer anything better than their internet rate of £60 (she did not actually quote a room rate).
I left the hotel and within minutes booked a room online DIRECTLY THROUGH THE HOTEL'S OWN WEBSITE for £48, returned and collected my key. No proper explanation was offered although the receptionist did wave a computer printout at me showing that there was nothing available at less than £60 which I thought was odd.
The next morning I telephoned reception asking whether it would be possible to extend my stay for an additional night but was told that they were fully booked. Whilst in the process of booking a further night online (there WERE rooms available) I received telephone call saying that they had just had a cancellation and that I could extend my stay. Once again - a little odd to say the least. I did however book a third night without a problem.
On the positive side:
- Very large rooms
- Great breakfast
- Fantastic location
- Reception unmanned on several occasions
- Where two or more staff were seen together, personal conversations seemed to take priority over engaging with customers
- No lift
In short, an average seaside hotel although a little overpriced during the off-season. Would be fantastic with better staff training/management and a proper booking/pricing system. The place did have a feeling of indifference about it. Whether this review elicits a response from the management remains to be seen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOUR NUMBER 1 CHOICE FOR BUSINESS & LEISURE IN GREAT YARMOUTH!Ideally located just a minute's walk from Great Yarmouth's Golden Mile, the 3 star Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth is a superb base for a leisure break by the sea with plenty to see & do in the surrounding area including the Norfolk Broads.For the business visitor to Great Yarmouth, we are within easy reach of all business centres, Gapton Hall, South Denes & the Euro Centre as well as being just a 2 mile drive from North Denes heliport.Hotel facilities include 'Below Decks' Restaurant, offering great food in a contemporary atmosphere at competitive prices. Our well stocked 'Lookout Bar' and lounge offers bar meals & light bites at great prices & FREE WI-FI. Our 100 capacity Garden Suite offers a civil ceremony license, air conditioning, natural lighting over looking the enclosed hotel gardens (perfect for relaxing in the seaside sunshine!). We also offer Free on-site & on road parking with no restrictions and FREE WI-FI throughout.The hotel boasts a variety of 50 tastefully decorated en-suite bedrooms including Family rooms all with tea/coffee making facilities, cable television, telephone, radio/alarm, hair-dryer & Free Wi-Fi internet access.PLEASE NOTE: The hotel does not have a lift. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Great Yarmouth
- Comfort Hotel Great Yarmouth Norfolk