“Absolute gem”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I didn't really have high expectations but we were seated quickly and service was attentive but not over bearing. Chilli chicken wings had a lovely kick to them, chilli beef was tender and tasty, the vermicelli with grilled pork spring rolls was the best I've tasted and came in a huge bowl. The only disappointment was the beef broth was too salty and everything seemed quite expensive at about about £1 more per dish than in London but we enjoyed it so much, it was worth it

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (301)

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Our second visit to V-namese was as good as the first. Friendly service and wonderful food with fresh and balanced flavours. The mango salad is highly recommended. Delighted to discover clean toilets in a town which often ignores this important element.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

I'm a huge fan of asian food and was thrilled to discover V-Namese as an option other than fish and chips or pizza. It was wonderful to see so many vegetarian options on the menu. I was over the moon to find that the tofu was cooked to perfection in every dish that we tried. The summer rolls were the best I've ever had. Great, attentive service too. Beautiful, authentic fresh flavours that I already can't wait to go back for.

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Really excellent fresh Vietnamese food at reasonable prices. Best to get rice as a side to the main course and that’s enough per person...
This is a few blocks off the front as you head into residential areas so would never have found without seeing existing positive reviews on TripAdvisor - thank you!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019

My friend is a pescatarian and I am a vegetarian and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Would strongly recommend the fried ice cream. Very friendly, served quickly.

Date of visit: July 2019