“Good burger, steak and desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barking Smack

Barking Smack
Ranked #125 of 325 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The New Barking Smack Is Open For The 2014 Season Serving Real Ales, Lagers, Wine & Spirits. As Well As English & Chinese Cuisine. Families Welcome!!! (Please note from mid 2013 Bullitt Is no longer trading from the barking smack)
london
“Good burger, steak and desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

4 of us went on a Saturday night, we popped in during the day to book and the restaurant owners were lovely and accommodating. My fiance and I had burgers whilst our friends had steak. With the steak there are 3 different cuts to choose from and then you indicate how much you want cut off. You start with a £10 charge and the rest is added on from the weight. Our friends chose sirloin and one was 10oz ended up being £14 the other was 14oz and £17. Worth the extra 3 quid I'd say. The burgers and steaks were good but we didn't like the chips nor the onion rings which we ordered extra. However, I would say that the main part of the meal made up for it. We had a variety of desserts, the birds nest coming out smaller than the chocolate fondant but overall we enjoyed it a lot and we would go back.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Top quality steaks in unprepossessing pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The restaurant is located in the back of the pub and looks nothing special from either the outside or even when you go in. However the food is nothing short of superb with an interesting and classy menu being topped off by the steaks. The usp of the restaurant is that you select your steak which is cut in front of you from the joint. The meat is top notch and if our experience is typical perfectly cooked. Well worth a visit and highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TonyGNCFC
“Different, tasty and not the run of the mill restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having heard a lot of reports about the restaurant I felt I had to try it for myself. I was not disappointed - no overwhelming portions like some similar restaurants in the area but that's what puts me off visiting some of the others. 3 of us visited and none of us were disappointed. Greeted by the potato and cheese bite (which I'd love to see on menu!), we all ordered burgers which were obviously homemade and not just been brought out of the freezer. The menu was packed with local ingrediants and if you get to the dessert try the homemade peanut butter ice-cream!!

I loved the fact I was sitting on a chair that was covered in a hessian sack, nothing matched and I got my dinner on a piece of grease proof paper that was on a metal plate!

It's a good restaurant it's not meant to be fine dining and at no point do they pretend to be, what you see is what you get - great atmosphere, great food!

2 Thank Traxxy
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Best of the bunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

After a week of trying to find a decent restaurant in Great Yarmouth we were recommended to try this place. Not glamorous or chic but the food and staff make up for the décor. Although none of us had the steak we were impressed with the choice of cuts and obviously they were well cooked as we saw other diners tucking in with relish. Two of our party had fish and chips and declared them delicious and the fish had been locally sourced so even better. Another had the ribs and pulled pork and it came perfectly cooked and tender. I chose a marinated chicken breast and it was delicious - very tender and tasty. We commented on the tasty chips to the waiter as he cleared away and he said it was because they were cooked in beef dripping. Good thing we weren't veggie but then I suppose we would have chosen the vegetarian option if we were :) Although we had plenty to eat we couldn't resist a pud and the peanut butter with a dash of Amaretto was scrummy. A good memory amid a lot of indifferent ones from our week in Yarmouth.

1 Thank LazyB64
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Simply Fantastic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

What more can be said about this place, if you've been there you know what I'm going to write- it's fantastic. Food interesting and cooked to perfection, staff were attentive, friendly and fun, atmosphere is relaxing and laidback. What more could you ask for?

Just go there, relax, get rid of preconceptions and enjoy being treated well by staff that care and genuinely want to look after you. Our waitress was fantastic - friendly, caring and funny she went a long way to making the experience what it was. Look after her guys, she's a diamond.

To have a restaurant of this quality in Gt. Yarmouth deserves so much appreciation and respect. Thank you. Long may the Bullit reign!

1 Thank James W