“Genuinely incredible” 5 of 5 bubbles

Barking Smack
Ranked #112 of 319 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The New Barking Smack Is Open For The 2014 Season Serving Real Ales, Lagers, Wine & Spirits. As Well As English & Chinese Cuisine. Families Welcome!!! (Please note from mid 2013 Bullitt Is no longer trading from the barking smack)
“Genuinely incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and his parents and I ate here after numerous recommendations and seriously this restaurant lives up to the expectation!!!! Our starters were outstanding, for main; 2 of us had burgers.... The best burgers we had ever had, one had steak which was on the daily special menu which came as standard and was seriously tasty and mother-in-law had sea bass. In the greatest of respect, mother-in-law is very fussy when eating out and is not at all shy about complaining and she complimented the waitress saying "this is the best fish I have ever had"... The luxury of this restaurant is that they come woth The deserts were out of this world, 3 of us had Eton Mess and one had the chocolate desert which states on the menu that you have to wait 15 mins for and honestly was worth the wait!!!! Literally the single criticism I have is that the waitress didn't come and check to see if we wanted more drinks!!!!! She was incredibly friendly, she knew the ins and outs of the menu - which I feel is always much more reassuring! We are going back next Sunday for the mother-in-laws birthday. Absolutely fantastic and highly recommended!!

“Best around...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Went there for my Dads birthday, my dad had the steak, admittedly it was slightly chewy, but the flavours were immense, my mum had the fish and said it was the best fish she's ever had...she's a fussy bugger too...my girlfriend and I had the burgers and they are literally "out of this world" the food really is very impressive!
As for the dessert, simply heaven, I had the chocolate fondant dessert, it had a massive "wow" factor!!!! I'd recommend this restaurant all day long, best in yarmouth!
The Olive Garden may need a re-think!

Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Believe the hype!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked in for an evening meal so thought we'd give it a trial run on a saturday afternoon - it didn't disappoint. Other half enjoyed a fish goujon bagel (with ENORMOUS pieces of delicious battered fish) while I tucked in to a 4-hour chilli burger (the 'Wocka Wocka'). The chilli was good enough on it's own - spicy, smokey and meaty; this was most definitely not a chilli flavoured soup - but coupled with the delicious burger it was an absolute treat. I'd normally want my burger a bit pink in the middle, but this one was so juicy and tasty it made no difference whatsoever. The great, friendly service was the icing on the cake (though we didn't have room for dessert...)

Special mention for the INCREDIBLE onion rings, which remained crispy and crunchy even as they cooled. Seriously, these things should be be ordered and enjoyed by every single visitor. Oh, and any bar that plays the greatest hits of the Stereophonics will always be okay in my book.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Hidden gem - both hidden and a gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

It's the most unpretentious steak house I've been to in the UK. The front side really looks like a run down pub and a few steps further in you can enter the dinning room. The menu is simple - meat. Value for money is exceptional and the food is great if you're a dedicated carnivore like me. What takes improvement? I'd add a salad or two in the menu and perhaps stock on a 3-4 good red wines for those interested; put together a website and manage booking a bit more efficiently. Until then, for those of you reading this (and the dozen other good) review(s) the Barking Smack is a hidden gem. Enjoy it!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Tasteful, Reasonable & Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

A restaurant that comes like a breath of fresh air to Great Yarmouth. I went here Saturday 22nd June for my birthday. The staff were so friendly - and funny! I remember how the pub was before re-opening and the change is dramatic! Tastefully decorated. We all had rib-eye steak which melted in your mouth! the meat cut like a hot knife through butter! I absolutely love the fact how you go up and they slice your steak from the chiller to the exact thickness you desire in front of you! You pay a £10 surcharge and then the weight of the steak on top - simply brilliant! Will be going back time and time again! Book early to avoid disappointment - this place is fast becoming the most popular place to eat in Great Yarmouth :)