“Great food and atmosphere.”
Review of Barking Smack

Barking Smack
Ranked #140 of 347 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Chinese, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The New Barking Smack Is Open For The 2014 Season Serving Real Ales, Lagers, Wine & Spirits. As Well As English & Chinese Cuisine. Families Welcome!!! (Please note from mid 2013 Bullitt Is no longer trading from the barking smack)
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having visited the Bullit restaurant with my family on Thursday 4th April 2013 I would concur with the previous reviewers who have heaped praise on the food and general atmosphere of this unique establishment.

Myself and partner selected the carnivore burgers with french fries and chunky chips respectively whilst the children had the kids menu cheese burgers and fries. All of the burgers were cooked to perfection and well presented, whilst the serving sizes were well proportioned.

For deserts the children had ice cream and an iced lolly, whilst I chose the hot chocolate fondant which tasted as good as it looked.

In summary this is the best restaurant that we have visited in Great Yarmouth and we would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone. We are now looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with family. We had burgers but the chef gave us some butternut squash curry to try and it was really lovely, so its not just the burgers that are great. I had a superb chocolate fondant for dessert. Chef is really knowledgeable about food which is refreshing to find in Great Yarmouth! He doesn't just shove something in the oven or fryer which is what you usually get on the seafront.
The pub looks great too, I feel like I step back in time (not being outdated but themed). Great stuff. Please keep doing what you're doing, dont let the standards slip

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We visited this place while on holiday this week. Everything was fantastic. I have eaten in Goucho's in Piccadilly a number of times and didn't think steak could get any better, but today I was proved wrong. My husband had a burger and said it was the best he had ever tasted. I would defiantly recommend this restaurant to anybody. We got there just before they finished lunch but were not made to feel we had to rush our meal.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

A real find again thank you all on trip adviser, I would never have found this or even seen it if I was out walking the sea front!
The steaks are real quality and cooked to perfection....must remember to go for a bigger cut next time....poor skills on my behalf
My girls 6 & 8 years old both ate from the kids menu, good value and they both enjoyed the burgers and fries
Well worth a visit remember to go BIG on your steak

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had read great reviews of this Pub, and having passed it a number of times in the past, we decided to stop in over the weekend.

What a great little pub, and the restaurant is excellent.

The service is fantastic, and the food cooked to perfection and excellent value. The menu isn't huge by any means, but the meals on there are very well done and left us with no complaints whatsoever.

We went back later in the evening to take in some live entertainment and try out the drink selection. The local ales are fantastic, and again the bar service is great.

I would note that it was very booked when we went, so i imagine over the summer that booking in advance would be needed.

I look forward to going here again when we are next in town.