“Chilled, good beer, exactly my sort of place”
Review of Barking Smack

Barking Smack
Ranked #138 of 348 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Chinese, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The New Barking Smack Is Open For The 2014 Season Serving Real Ales, Lagers, Wine & Spirits. As Well As English & Chinese Cuisine. Families Welcome!!! (Please note from mid 2013 Bullitt Is no longer trading from the barking smack)
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went here to watch Spain v Portugal in Euro 2012, and had a nice, relaxed drink together while I watched the game. She drunk a spirit called Norfolk Nog, and I had a couple of local ales of which the names I can't remember, but they were nice. The bartender, who happened to be Italian, was very chilled out and eating a gourmet beef burger, and was a nice guy. Very highly recommended for anyone who wants an grown-up evening in,

bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much!
Chilled with no frills, Thats us! Just an honest offering!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We took my in laws on Saturday 9/3/13 and loved the quality of the food.The in laws had sirloin and my wife and I shared a chateaubriand cooked rare and it was absolutely gorgeous.This is my favourite cut of meat and not readily available so try it if you havent had it you really must give it a go for flavour and tenderness.The deserts were spot on, staff friendly and knowledgeable,well done.The oldies were out of their comfort zone as this is an informal and no fuss restaurant but they loved the food.See you next time we are upthats a promise.

1  Thank Rod S
bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

We really appreciate your kind words and objective review & look forward to your return.
I could see your in laws were a bit tentative at first but they seemed to relax as the evening progressed and they got their food.
thanks once again!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Immense! The best meal I've ever had in a restaurant! Great tasting food, varied menu, warm and freindly service! I highly recommend trying the Gressingham duck starter, all of the meals were presented to an exceptional standard as was the quality of the food. Thanks for a great evening, see you next time!

1  Thank BradieH

Thanks for the immense review were really glad you had a good time, We were very conscious of the fact that you had a chef at your table and relieved that we made the grade.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Although the initial overpowering smell of bleach was not the welcome we hoped for.
The host & hostess defiantly made up for this & the complementary bean balls were delicious.
Our food(both had burgers) was quickly delivered & was delicious. You can tell upon arrival that time had gone into the preparation and the produce used was of good quality.
Although the location is not ideal attempts have been made to smarten the place up & I will certainly return to sample some of the other deliciously sounding items on the menu.

bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your return to sample our other offerings!
Sorry about the smell we had a bit of a wotsit with an unruly bottle of beer line cleaner!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My sister and I went there tonight hoping it would live upto expectations to find it was better than we ever hoped for. So good in fact we are going back again tomorrow with more family. GY has been in dire need of somewhere like this and finally it has it. From the understated decor ( I'm sure we had a 3 piece in the 70's like the one here) to the fabulous Northern soul playing to the superlative food, it was all so good we didn't want to leave. The owner shares his passion for the food with you and choosing your steak from the range ensures you get the size you want. All of it was cooked to perfection and as another reviewer has said, if you don't like the food here then the golden arches are in town. Finally a decent place to eat in the evenings at a price you can live with.

Many thanks for the great review!
I must say that the local support has been outstanding and were really lucky to have you all!!!