“Woman Vs Food!”

Barking Smack
Ranked #114 of 329 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Cuisines: Chinese, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The New Barking Smack Is Open For The 2014 Season Serving Real Ales, Lagers, Wine & Spirits. As Well As English & Chinese Cuisine. Families Welcome!!! (Please note from mid 2013 Bullitt Is no longer trading from the barking smack)
London, United Kingdom
“Woman Vs Food!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A gem hidden in plain view right on the front.
Little did we know what gastronomic delights awaited us.
Bits and bobs of American roadhouses adorn the walls.
Of all the burgers I've had outside the USA...
We would recommend this seafront 'Diner' to all.
Came with my boyfriend & his Mum for lunch.
Out of all the burger bars in Norfolk this rates as No1!

bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review I'm glad our burgers are a match in quality to the best in the US.

“Excellent, will definately be returning!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went here for a meal on a weekend away after reading the great reviews and we weren't disappointed! The food was excellent I had the soup followed by a burger and handout chips-definately the best burger I've had, my husband had the Chorizo followed by a rib eye steak, selected fresh from the counter he got to choose his own by weight. Very impressive and very tasty and very good value for money. The service was fantastic. The friendly staff could not do enough for you they even brought extra chips out for my husband as they noticed he'd eaten them all. The chocolate fondant with chocolate hazelnut soil was also out of this world. The decor was great. Lovely atmosphere. This place is not to be missed what a hidden gem.

Great Yarmouth
“Shhh”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked this for my birthday. There were 13 of us. Each and every one of us were blown away buy the food. This has to be the best steak I have ever had in my life.
We all said the same, the food blew us all away, from the burger, the chicken and the steak.
Perfect night, perfect company, perfect food. Many thanks

bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Were so glad you and your party had fun, It was a pleasure to serve you!
Many thanks!!!
Norwich, United Kingdom
“wow!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Despite living locally rarely venture to the seafront so did not realise that this pub had been re-launched last year, happened upon the reviews on trip advisor and decided it sounded worth a visit. Very welcoming, super music, very eclectic, retro furniture, merlot excellent, husband had the recommended czech pilsner which he said was one of the best beers he had ever tasted, hubby had the scorchio (chilli) burger which he loved, myself and daughter had the fonzarelli burger with bbq beans we all agreed best burgers ever. As a family we are widely travelled especially usa and for us all to think that about the burgersthey must have been excellent. Desserts were rhubarb crumble, morrocan orange and almond cake and chocolate fondant all absoulutely delicious, can t wait to go again defineately for the steak handcut chips also amazing. Thanks for bringing a bit of quality to our poor little town, See you soon.

1 Thank David153
bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks for the great review!
I hope more locals can now venture down to the seafront for a bite to eat!
Should you or anyone else require a special order on steaks or seafood please don't hesitate to give us a call & I'll tell you what has just been caught at Caister & what steak cuts are ready to eat, we had a wonderful Turbot last week that was shared between 4 guests, we simply baked it with cream, Portobello mushrooms, tarragon & fennel serving it with buttered runner beans sprouting broccoli & Anya potatoes mmmm
Norwich, United Kingdom
“An all-round excellent experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If I could, I'd give the Barking Smack more than 5 stars : I've visited on a few occasions now, at different times of day and it has always been fantastic. It is our favourite place to go as a family when we visit Gt Yarmouth and the food is second to none. The meat is all organic and everything is freshly prepared, with the outdoor oven giving a brilliant flavour for summer BBQs. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is welcoming and warm. The pub has a unique and welcoming style inside. There is a very good choice of drinks at the bar, including for children. Prices for food and drink are great value - portions are generous, too. The loos are really clean and well looked-after - so I would 100% recommend visiting this pub for a chilled and delicious dining experience!

bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
WOW!
What can I say apart from we really appreciate your comments & only hope we can keep you just as happy in the future!