“Dissapointing”
Review of Amazonia - World of Reptiles - CLOSED

Amazonia - World of Reptiles
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went here about 6 years ago, and really enjoyed it. Back then, I would have rated it as good. Six years on, it has totally changed. The description that I gave to my partner, I now wish I hadn't have given. The prices have gone up (a lot more than inflation, Amazonia World of Reptiles has declined. Yes, there are reptiles and information about them. A new addition is the meerkats (a bit strange as they are not reptiles). The gift shop is expensive and is dissapointing. Needless to say we wont be going back. Sorry, but this is my honnest opinion. Can't remember if there were toilets.

1  Thank Clare C

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was a good place - lots to see and not bad value. The young chap was quite knowlegable. Never ceases to amaze me though how few local people (Of which I am one) frequent these places ( and then moan when they shut down )because they generally attract the tourist in peak season. I went here in November it was dead but i enjoyed the peace. Locals need to get some sense - these places will close if we dont use them.

2  Thank Steve W
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Lots of different reptiles that look well kept, thought it was expensive though for the size of the place as it doesn't take very long to see it all.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great afternoon spent doing my favourite thing....talking about reptiles & creepy crawlies! Amazing range of animals in Amazonia from the tiny to the large crocs! The lads have a vast range of knowledge between them all and you can tell they really enjoy doing their job. The shop is well stocked with everything from a couple of quid to quite expensive stuff for the avid collector. DIDNT like the spiders tho even after all these years!!

1  Thank Gleanster