All reviews national holidays buffet style sea front coach trip christmas lunch coach party parking permit bedside cabinet good size plenty of hot water hotel staff bath and shower meal times single room britannia pier full english an enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2019

Stayed here Easter weekend on National Holidays trip what a horrible place the meals are disgusting unless you like smash. Every day it was 2 scoops of smash with what I can only say were tinned or packets of steamed vegetables you cant buy broccoli that size fresh definitely out of a tin or packet. The first evening we were ushered from the bar at 6.00 by the manager saying that dinner was being served we sat there for over half an hour before receiving our starter that wasn't worth waiting for being, honest every meal was rank it was a case of at it or starve. I have been on many National Holiday trips before and enjoyed my stay but this place has put me off ever traveling with them again. Take my advice don't go there...………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..…….

Date of stay: April 2019
TheWaverley H, General Manager at The Waverley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Dear Baz C,

Thank you for taking out time and writing your feedback so strongly.

Out of the whole lot of guests staying there for the above trip, this is the first ever complaint or even a negative feedback I have come across. I understand people do have personal preferences, but that doesn't make anything bad in general, as is made out from your review.

I would like to emphasize here to you that neither is our Mashed Potato smash as you have mentioned nor is our vegetables out of the tin.

Yes, We do expect our guests to be seated at 6 PM, as there are three courses each meal, and if you are late then you miss a course as the Restaurant Staff move on to serving another course, so I don't see anything wrong in following a certain time schedule especially when you are part of such a large group.

Because it was the first evening all the guests have to be shown their tables, orders taken and then does the food start coming out, and since there were over 75 people on the particular tour, it does take the time it should take, unfortunately a bit of patience is the key here. Even in A La Carte Restaurant, a waiting period is expected once the orders are placed.

If you read most of our reviews here, the guests staying with us really appreciate, love and savour our food.

But I do respect your personal choice of food which unfortunately didn't match with what we served and the rest of the group had and relished.

We still look forward to your stay with us in the future, and would expect, if you have any problems in your stay, speak to the management or staff directly and share your concerns, writing a feedback post your visit, doesn't help anyone, especially not you.

Best Regards,

Aman Khanna

Reviewed April 23, 2019

4 days with national holidays. Hotel staff xcellent - nothing too much bother, polite and friendly. Reception manned all the time which was great. Rooms clean, comfy bed, small shower but hot, bottles of water provided, mugs instead of cups which was a nice touch. Entertainment was most enjoyable. Good location about 2 mins from seafront etc. Good bus service to Norwich if required. Set menus for each day were a surprise. Have dietary issues but never needed to mention this as our many other bookings with national have never been faced with set menus as there was always something I could have. Very restricted this time although staff were very helpful and amenable. Don't like set menu practice otherwise would have given 5 stars! All in all a very enjoyable experience.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

We were a party of 5 arrived Friday for a three night stay. Check in went smoothly and quickly.
We had three rooms between us and everyone was satisfied with their rooms all clean and fresh.
It was good having mugs for our tea rather than a small cup (maybe have them in the dining room would be a good idea as well)
Also a complementary bottle of water was very good as well.
Shower was good hot water all through the stay. Only thing missing a little shelf in the actual shower would be a good idea.
Breakfast and evening meals were all very nice plenty of it and hot as well again large glasses for fruit juice went down well instead of the small ones usually used in hotels
Staff are a credit to this hotel polite, helpful, and also seem happy and nothing to much trouble for them.
Would like a special mention made to Cloe who was the perfect waitress that anyone would want as part of their team.
The bar was well run as well with a nice friendly young lady who was chatty and helpful.
My only fault with this hotel is that there is no entertainment (only one night which was Saturday) the lady called Andrea was good and did a good selection of songs which covered most ages and had some up dancing. On Friday and Sunday it was just sitting in the bar which isn’t a very large space television was on so not even a bit of music being played so most of the people on my coach found this boring.
I would say if there was entertainment this would surely boost bar takings as most people would stay up rather then go to their rooms.
The main desk is always manned which is good and the management are friendly and helpful and are on hand to help with anything
I would like to return because it is in a good location but I would like entertainment in the evenings as I feel that makes the holiday complete

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2019

We were with National Holidays for 4 days & had a great time. Food was simple & basic but hot & tasty. Room was small but had comfortable bed, hot shower & tea & coffee making facilities. Staff were very helpful & friendly & meal times were very well organised. The main pier & sea front is just a 2 minute walk away & the town/bus station is about 7 minutes walk so very central. We stayed here years ago & it was terrible but its been updated & food much improved. We would definately stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

This is a pleasant hotel very close to the sea. Management and staff are very helpful and the meals are served on time and very tasty.There is a nice choice of food.Requests for things like harder pillows are dealt with with efficiently.There is a pleasant bar and entertainment.Would not hesitate to return

Trip type: Traveled with friends