“STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #86 of 98 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Fife, scotland
“STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

No hand towel in bathroom
Dirty kettle and limited supplies ( the coffee sachet was good tho)
No wi-fi available as advertised
£9 parking permit
Attitude of owner on meeting
Bed and (extra charge for) breakfast
No bin
Poorly working remotes

All above is basic,expected bed and breakfast criteria.

Not to mention the "dated" decor and lack of pleasantries. That's perhaps a personal opinion, but it certainly doesn't hurt to be nice to your guests. Maybe even a hello on our return might of prevented this venomous rant. Your rudeness only highlighted the poorly basic accommodation you falsely advertise.

I really felt like we were putting him out, and not helping him fund his poorly set up business. He didn't even try to converse, nd when he threw out a goodbye, we couldn't get out quick enough. I left with several "bites" that I can only put down to the overall poor hygiene standards.

And your website comment on being refurbished?!?? Was that just the entry hall? Or maybe the

I would NOT return here, and I certainly would not recommend this place to my worst enemy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wendy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
milton keynes
Reviewed April 10, 2012

i stayed at this hotel on saturday the 7th of April 2012 with my girlfriend and another couple.
As soon as you enter the building there is an unbelievable stench of damp and when you arrive in the rooms the smell gets worse.
The man who is supposed to be running this place,I say supposed as he hasnt a clue what he is doing and looks like lurch out of the adams family,our room was dirty,smelly had mould all over the bottom of the curtains and was just not good enough.
We thought well we are only staying one night so decided to stay.
I thought I would have a shower before we went out as the room was supposed to be ensuite but alas this didnt work either so I called lurch up from reception to try to fix the problem and lurch told me what I already knew that the shower wasnt working.
Lurch advised me to have a bath to which i replied i want a shower,lurch dissapeared for a couple of minutes and came back in a couple of minutes with keys to a room upstairs and said to use that one.
My partner and i decided to move to the room upstairs where the shower was working but the cleanliness was still very poor.
Lurch asked us what time we wanted breakfast at in the morning and we advised him we didnt require breakfast and even if we were hungry we would not eat there.
My partner had lots of bites up her arms and her legs and also her friend who also stayed had the same on her i can only assume this was caused by bed bugs or uncleanliness of the hotel in general.
Tea and coffee making facilties were meant to be included but alas no milk was in the room.
My partner and I complained to lurch about the cleanliness and the shower also the tv not working and as for a bar we didnt see on not that we would have used it and all we seemed to get out of him was that it was the builders fault and not thinking as the owner of the hotel he should be ensuring everything is working and clean.
I dont expect a 5 star hotel for the money we paid but do expext cleanliness and for things to work.
My advice to anyone is do not stay there as you will be dissapointed there are much nicer places to stay than this dump including a place called fawlty towers and im not joking.
Trev and Angie

Room Tip: dont book any of them
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Great Yarmouth hotels

Reviewed March 30, 2012

The room is small, dirty, full of damp and very outdated. The tv does not work and the shower barely gets warm. There are cobwebs everywhere too. Booked in and there is some woman's bra on the so called Booking in desk, just sitting there, were led up a small, cramped and smelly hallway to our so called double room. totally disgusting. Have not tried breakfast yet, am writing this review lying on the bed in the sorry excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed March 2012