“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fjaerland

Fjaerland
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Fjaerland
Ranked #54 of 100 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
HUNTINGDON
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I, turned up here on the 28th july we didn't book, luckily for us we got the family room(7) Monday, tuesday and wednesday and moved to a double for Thursday and Friday, would recommend the fjaerland to anybody wishing to stay somewhere very clean, very friendly even the food is clean. would and intend to stay there again.

Room Tip: room 7, the family room is excellent with seaview
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ROD M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very nice Guest House, The plesent helpful staff are very freindly.
The rooms are very well presented and very clean, breakfast are great with lots of choice.
My wife and I stayed at the Fjaerland for 2 nights and will be staying there again.
I would highly recommend this Guest House to anyone wishing to stay in Great Yarmouth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AndySnape
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My partner and I had a very enjoyable time here at the hotel Fjaerland and would gladly recommend this to anyone.
The Breakfasts were plentiful with lots of choices.
The room that we stayed in was room 7 (the family room) which was located on the top floor. There was lots of space with tea and coffee facilities,a T.V with freeview and a bathroom with no shower.This was no problem for us. A very bright room with windows facing the seafront and windows to the rear which faced towards the Cathederal.
A great central base to enjoy Great Yarmouth and The Norfolk Broads.

Room Tip: If not very mobile I advise a first floor room as The Hotel is a period building it has no lifts
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lisa g
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Vic and Pat have put a lot of time, thought, effort and money into getting the property just right. The hotel is not really suitable for disabled people as there are many stairs, however ther would be no harm in asking what your needs are amy be ok there. I use a wheelchair but can walk and also use a stick and found it ok.
Breakfast was perfect, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, full english pots of either tea or coffee unlimited amounts of toast, with plent of butter or flora and jams and various marmalades and spreads.
The rooms were very good, only a very slight problem I had because I am on the larger size it was a bit of a squeeze getting between the handbasin and toilet, but hey that was nothing. Pat had ensured there were cosmetic cleaners and cotton buds also a small repair kit in each room. How very thoughtful. The shower area was also absolutely spotless in Room 5 also in Room 11 I just can`t fault them. The beds were so comfortable well it was heavenly to go to bed early.

I would most certainly recommend them to anyone.

Room Tip: If you ask Pat when you ring she will recommend what would be available for your requirements. She w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mildenhall2
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

A real home from home - friendly hosts lovely spacious and spotlessly clean rooms - I have a company expense account which would enable me to stay at much more expensive hotels or guest accomodation - but none have proved to be in the same league as the Fjaerland for a warm friendly and welcoming place. Pat and Vic are the perfect hosts - rooms excellent facilities ...what more can I say - It's simply excellent

Room Tip: I like room 9 which has a lovely comfortable double bed and a nice shower it's also very quiet a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Debbie B
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed at the Fjaerland for three nights with my husband, elderly parents and mother in law. On arrival we were shown to our rooms and having booked two doubles and a single, we're pleasantly surprised to find we had been given three diubles

The rooms were beautifully decorated, with tea/coffee facilities, ensuite bathroom and the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in!,

There was a choice of full English breakfast, with choices of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, orange and pineapple juice all served by a lovely waitress and all home cooked.

The owners couldn't do enough for you and were wonderful after my mother had a fall.

Overall, the hotel was beautiful, spotlessly clean and the owners Pat and Vic (I think) couldnt have done more. Pay them a visit for a lovely holiday

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Caz040
Sudbury suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed at the fjaerland with my 3 children and my mother,me and my children had a family room which you had to go up some really steep stairs which i would describe as dangerous with chidren it was right up in the attic,it was clean apart from some cobwebs here and there.My mother described her room as clean and tidy.The breakfast was very good and the landlord was very friendly but i thought the landlady had an attitude with us as soon as we arrived because we had tryed to cancel before as my mum was in pain with her back and thought she was unable to come, but was unable to due to hotel policy as we had put down a deposit but i then tryed to cancel just the single room and the landlady refused. I would not stay here again and that is a definate no.

Room Tip: The comfort hotel is the place to stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family