“pool closed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Marina Leisure and Fitness Centre
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Holiday makers all gone home so as usual the marina centre is closed for kids on a Sunday afternoon. Terrible place no consideration for customers.

There are newer reviews for Marina Leisure and Fitness Centre

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited the pool during my visit to great yarmouth.
Not alot to say, water was clean and warm. Changing rooms need updating. Receptionist was very friendly. What more can i say? Was good for what I needed it for and did the job well and cheaply.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The staff here are rude and unhelpful, the place itself is ok but will never improve until customer service becomes a consideration.

2  Thank jane s
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Took my husband and 2 boys aged 6 and 3 here for a fun swim session. Yes the queue system is a bit odd... take my advice, walk into the desk area early and buy your tickets and then clear off until the start time of the session. No point entering the massive queue early, you are guaranteed entry and they don't open the doors to the pool until EXACTLY the start time of the session. The pool itself is great, with a beach style area and shallow pool with a little slide for the littlies. They had a massive inflatable Total Wipeout type thing in the middle of the pool, that anyone can can use if they can demonstrate they can swim 10 metres. My 6 year old was chuffed he was able to use it. You form an orderly queue then when it's your go climb over, under, through bits and then finish on a giant slide into the water. There's a long slide separate from this too. The pool was full of inflatables and floats for everyone to use. Yes it was busy, but the pool large enough to cope. We avoided the mad scramble for changing space by leaving a few minutes before the end of the session. Ate in the cafe. Our experience was a good one. Food was prompt and portions sizes okay. They do good deals for families. My kids don't like chips (odd...I know!) so were happy they could have potatoes or garlic bread with their meals. I had veggie burger and chips for £3.50, kids meals £2.50, includes a drink.

1  Thank JoH299
Reviewed June 2, 2013

There are set times for different swimming sessions and at the end of the session everybody is sked to leave and nobody is allowed back in untill about half hour later.
its a concept ive not encountered before so it was a bit confusing and at first annoying to turn up to be told come back in 45 minutes only to then have to wait half and hour on top. But once we had worked out the system it was well worth it!!
The wave machine is great fun and the pool appeared to be very clean. The sun was streaming in the widows on the the water and it was wonderful. The beach style pool (where you walk in and it gradually gets deeper) was new to us too and my youngest loved the freedom to wade into a depth that was comfortable for her.
We went so many times that my eldest didnt need armbands buy the end of our stay!
Great value for money, Clean changing rooms with spacious lockers for 50p which is refundable too!
Just check the timings before you go!