“PORTUGESE PERFECTION”
Review of The Quayside Plaza

The Quayside Plaza
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dear Customers, the restaurant will be closed from 30th July until 31st August. We apologise if you had already made plans to visit us, but don't worry, we'll back. We wish you all relaxing summer!!! Ferailles Shop remains open though, so feel free to come in!
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have eaten here many times and have yet to have a "dud" meal. The food is excellent and we usually enjoy two very generous glasses of red wine. We have been really impressed at their efforts to accommodate dietary requirements - nothing is too much trouble and as for Ferralls behind - well that is just a wonderful goldmine of ethnic bargains - all in all a great experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went to the quayside plaza on a recommendation for Sunday lunch and a walk along the historic quay, we discovered a little gem, with excellent food and lovely staff, to we tthe appetite, I had sauteed squid with chorizo and chilli sause with rice and salad, was perfectly presented, spicy and the squid was perfect, not at all dry, I then had fudge pecan brownie with cream, My partner had Hot smocked salmon with ratatouie and new potatoes again lovely and well presented, she then had almond cake which was huge and lovely in total the meal and drinks came to £25 dows that for value! wind starts from £11-20 and there are themed nights which look really interesting too.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I urge you to go there and try. Excellent food and staff. Angelo makes you feel right at home and his staff are so professional. Loved it and will go back!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

As the title says - Never judge a book by its cover. From the outside this location is slightly rundown and looking (although on our last visit they were talking of decorating). As you enter you are transported to a portugal themed cafe with a rustic shop at the back to browse should you wish.

The food is above average and all seems to have a slight twist and much color to it. The food ranges from light snacks to full dinners and deserts which are all cooked fresh on site. Olives bread and home made Garlic butter accompany every meal and is to a great standard. Portions are a generous size but not over the top.

The decor inside is nice, fresh, clean and inviting. The owners (husband and wife) are very welcoming and have a can do attitude. As busy as they are they will make time for you and will tailor food to your requirements if needed.

Also for those with an OCD every time a group leave not only do they clean the table but also the condiments, the menu and the chairs. This place is very much worth a visit if yo are in the area.

Also if this is not enough they have themed nights on the second and last saturday of each month with a four course meal!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Met up with a friend who suggested meeting at Quay Plaza. I was a little unsure as it was situated on the key and I was expecting a greasy spoon!! When I arrived I was greeted by a smile and a friendly hello by a rather lovely waiter. He said i could sit anywhere I wanted to and he got me a drink while I waited for my friend. I was also with my 2 year old daughter who kept entertained by him smiling and waving at her when ever he got the chance. The menu was lovely lots to choose from..

When the food arrived it looked gorgoues and it tasted the same...I had a Mixed Seafood Salad that was just out of this world..

Desserts were all home made and were again gorgeous.

Price was good and the service was spot on.

all staff I saw and spoke to were friendly, chatty and just great.

WELL WORTH A VISIT....