“Chill out”

Ranked #16 of 399 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in here originally for a coffee,staff friendly and welcoming, restaurant nicely decorated and well maintained. Chose to sit outside as it was a nice day with views overlooking the broad. Instead of coffee we opted for food and a beer. My wife chose the melon starter(on a diet), whilst I opted for the scampi. Food came out quite quickly served with a smile from a very nice waitress,well presented and very tasty food, chips were lovely scampi were also,and wifey said her melon was delicious. Would I recommend this place, I sure would,and we will definitely pop in again in the future.

Date of visit: September 2019
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review Rob I’m glad you both enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Write a reviewReviews (266)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The restaurant was very busy and we had to wait a while to be served. BUT it was well worth the wait. We were celebrating a 90th birthday and were more than satisfied with the food and the service. I judge a resraurant by the quality of their yorkshire puddings and these were top-notch. And so was the rest of the food. Will definitely come here again !

Date of visit: September 2019
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review it was a pleasure to have you and the family etc for lunch on such a special occasion and I’m pleased you all enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

We were a table of three friends and came across this restaurant after a recommendation from a friend. It was absolutely amazing, I thought the service was on point, friendly helpful and a full explanation of the menu. I had the scollops to start with and they were cooked to perfection served with black pudding and bacon mmmmm. I then had steak rossini
I am extremely fussy as I like my steak blue and the matre d Tony explained that the chef takes longer to prepare and cook the blue than a well done steak as it has to be warmed right through anyway all I can say it was the best steak I have ever had. The service included a friendly smile some banter and the final bill was reasonable. I would certainly recommend this restaurant and next time I am in the area I will definitely go back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Thank you for your kind review I’m pleased you & your friends enjoyed your evening & meals with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you are this way.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

From the 1 st phone call to make arrangements for 20 people, from a 6 month old upwards to 85 , including a wheelchair , found the team very accommodating and professional , arriving on the day tables and came table exactly as described , Tony ( nicknamed that day as Never !) was the perfect front of house person , great personality , nothing too much trouble , and enjoyed the banter between family members , all parts of the meal were served in a timely fashion , with the children looked after , all food was fresh , and hot when served ,and very enjoyable .great atmosphere , fab team work throughout our time there , thank you for making it special .

Date of visit: August 2019
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Thank you for your kind review I’m really pleased you and the family enjoyed the food & experience at the restaurant. It was a pleasure to meet you all and also enjoyed the banter with you. Hope dad is well look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 11, 2019

Booked several weeks in advance for a window table overlooking the Broad. Arrived and table near the bar with waiters rushing past! Prawn and salmoln cocktail, it was search the salmon. Crispy mushrooms were like bullets. Chicken main was dry and the plaice on the bone was plonked on top of the chips swimming in grease. Chip shop presentation. Did not stay for desert. Service was 1 hour from finishing starter to gettting main course. Apparently service in Cafe' took priority as a table of 21 was booked, Reiterating we booked several weeks previous. No mention on booking al e carte was not available. Spoilt a birthday lunch. Dissapointing as other table seemed to be OK. Never again. Linen tableclothes really nice spoint with cheap napkins/serviettes. Had to pour our own wine too. But a nice restaurant in a nice setting.

Date of visit: August 2019
Tonyfilbybridge, Owner at Filby Bridge Restaurant at Filby Broad, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your meal & the table of 21 did not take priority they had to be served as did every body else in both restaurants and I would agree did take longer than normal. I do not agree with your comments on the food and your plaice was served with lemon butter and was steamed & finished under the grill so no oil was used. We have never done or stated we do ala carte at Sunday lunch time as we only do it in the evening.